Roush Best A/F Method for Tuning????

saleensc281

Sep 26, 2004
Have a tuning ? for you, what is more effcient in tuning a car for A/F. Using the bung or tailpipe. I though a bung was better, but I just got my cat tuned and they use the tailpipe A/F method!!! Will this effect my tune and my car as far as reliability and performance?? Should I get it retuned by someone who uses the bung A/F method. Sorry If I sould like a rookie here, but I hope you can point me in the right direction!!!! Thanks Jake

00-Saleen said:
Nice hp Numbers FriedChicken
Thanks. The car made 394hp and 408tq bone stock on a dynojet. Everyone I have talked to has never seen anything close to that from their cobras on the same dyno. Added the exhaust and CAI to get me to 438hp and a custom tune got me the rest of the way. I don't use anything but 94 octaine.

marcus95 said:
I have never seen an A/F gauge from Saleen. Does Saleen even know what air/fuel is and how to tune?
Speedworx had several types in their catalogue at one point, but now they don't carry the guages anymore. I don't really need the intercooler temp guage since I upgraded my heat exchanger and fans. I'd like to have the AF without adding other pods all over the place. I'm not into that 747 cockpit look.

So are you seeing these numbers without a pulley swap?