SN95 Best Cam For My Setup

ace940

Oct 16, 2011
Hi everyone,
This winter I am building my 5.0 a little bit. and I want to know what the best cam is for the setup I am going to be running.
I am going to be using:
Trick flow top end kit( track heat)-twisted wedge 170, 1.6:1 rockers
stock bottom end ( balanced and refreshed)
75mm throttle body
30# injectors
255lph fuel pump
90(?)mm MAF
.030" over

not sure if the deck was ever re milled.

The cam I have seen recommended is comp cams XE276HR. it seems pretty good but it would be nice to know if there is something better out there and what type of ptv clearance I would have.

I know the kit comes with the stage1 cam. but.. I feel like I am leaving power on the table with that cam. the car is a daily driver and I don't want to have to cut deeper reliefs in the pistons. any help would be appreciated. and also any guesses at power at the wheels.

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

Are you looking at the 114 or 112 LSA cam. I looked at that cam too and thought it was a little too much cam- Have you looked at the 270? The 112 LSA version will give you a little more lopey idle but again PTV clearance needs to be checked.

with the 270 cam with the 1.6:1 rockers that come in the top end kit it would have .512"lift.
with the 276 cam it would be the same lift but 6* more duration on in. and ex.
I guess that I don't see why I would have clearance issues.. but this is the first time I have done this.
6* is a total of .049" piston travel

and also both cams are open at tdc. I understand that because of the different durations the valve will be open different amounts but I feel like that would be almost an irrelevant amount