Best Carb for Combo?

gork1rogues

Oct 2, 2003
Hey, I'm trying to decide which carburetor I should use with my combination, I have a Holley 650 Single Pumper List6520 or can get an Edelbrock 600 #1406 for around $200 or I have another 600 Holley Single Pumper but it is in need of tuning and a rebuild

My combo consists of:
86 Block With Flattoppistons
86 GT Cam
Ported E7 Heads with larger valves
Weiand 180 2P intake
1.7 R/Rs giving a valve lift of .477
Heddman Shorty Headers

Just wondering if I should stick with the Holley or go with the Edelbrock or would it not be worth it at all?

The Holley was probably bought sometime in the 80s and put on a shelf, it has some dust on it but still has original black marker marks on it, probably would put a rebuild kit in it if I used it.

• Sponsors (?)

I prefer the edelbrock carb the holley isnt as good for street performance as the edelbrock, but the edelbrock has pefrmance but still gave me better gas mileage then my old holley double pumper just my opinion so do what you want

my preference is holley you can tune every aspect individually, but out of the box edelbrock is better for idle and low speed operation and are more trouble free. also id never ever use a stock edelbrock for a high performace application, i have a friend that has burn a hole in a piston and still uses the damn thing wont buy a holley.

charlesw6954 said:
yea on my old 84gt i threw on a 600 cfm edelbrock and it didnt need no tuning what so ever.

but i would think that since you have those mods i would go with a 650 double pumper.

allright, i think i'm going to throw a rebuild kit in the holleys and give both of them a try, thanks for the suggestions