best cold air intake for 03 cobra

brian98gt

Founding Member
Mar 12, 2002
new jersey
ok, i've had the 03 cobra for 3 days now and i'm ready for more power. i want a cold air kit, and possibly a new maf meter. who makes the best kit that is not fenderwell style. i want something that if i need to take off, i don't have to struggle getting the air filter in and out of the fenderwell. thanks for any opinions

• Sponsors (?)

Stay away from 90 deg bend units. (ones that bend and go through the fender) All cold air intakes lean out the car for more power but the 90deg ones are even worse for that. Also have your air fuel checked with any cold air. I have seen a few and they were in the 13's.

Steeda is the one I had before the 92mm Pro-M went in and it's a nice unit.

neoclasiccl said:
Stay away from 90 deg bend units. (ones that bend and go through the fender) All cold air intakes lean out the car for more power but the 90deg ones are even worse for that. Also have your air fuel checked with any cold air. I have seen a few and they were in the 13's.

Steeda is the one I had before the 92mm Pro-M went in and it's a nice unit.

so you had the steeda but now you have the 92mm pro-m. isn't the stock unit 95 mm. what is the benefit of going smaller, and do you have a cold air kit going to the t/b?

i still havent decided yet and i'm trying to research a couple of the kits, but i already have what i believe to be the jdm kit that is just a filter attached to the stock maf meter. the filter is huge, so what i'm looking for is maybe just a maf meter and a pipe to the t/b but i'm having a difficult time finding someone who makes the the piece to go to the t/b. any sugestions