Best cooling options?

skywarp

Nov 28, 2003
What are the best cooling mods for the 03-04 Cobras? The car is stock for now but need to avoid the possible tick and detonation. Any secrets that can be done while retaining the warranty.

• Sponsors (?)

Hood blanket mod is free, and easy.

Apten cooling mod is about the only other thing you could do that would might help. That's a difficult mod to install though. It requires drpping the tranny or pulling the motor to install. They do make aftermarket HE's, but those don't make any difference in cooling during normal driving.

U.M.

skywarp said:
Would something like Water Wetter, or Evans have an additive that might help? Just looking to avoid problems, thanks for the info.

On a stock car it would make very little difference. You could always buy a Predator or some other hand held flash tuner. Then you could use it to turn the electric cooling fans on at a lower temperature. I've heard this really doesn't make much of a difference though unless you couple it with a lower temp thermostat too.

If your car is stock I wouldn't worry about the heat too much. These engines were run for months on end at max RPM and they held up to the heat just fine. As for detonation... if you are still running the stock pulley (whick I assume you are) just make sure you always use a quality premium fuel (91 octane or better) and you won't have to worry about it.

U.M.