Best Exhaust Set-Up? 1966 w/302

yahyah510

Feb 21, 2013
First thread on this forum but anyways I have a 1966 coupe with a 302 and a 3 speed tranny! Plan was originally to work from outside in and I'm staying with it! Now that my 302s were I want it to be I need some help on finding the best exhaust set-up I can. Usually throughout the years i'd throw on flow masters from the headers to some nice tips on every 5.0 i've came across but I'm trying to find out if there's anything better for my car. As of now I have a weak single POS that needs to be gone!

Budget is around $550 for complete set up!

I'm not to familiar with the market as in best brands so if you know of a nice possible set-up for what I have let me know!

Mainly looking for my car to sound like a monster rolling up as in nice and loud!

• Sponsors (?)

Fwiw I like the vintage Shelby style side exits with tri-y headers. For me going over the axle and exiting out the back would have been a wasted effort and a waste of tube.

It's not as loud as you would think inside the car and has a nice vintage sound to it. The plus was that my stainless headers were only $170 shipped and the 2.25 system was really cheap on sale at CJ pony.

If you want a good quality set up and still save some money. There is a manufacture here in MN that makes all the private lable systems for Summit. The company is called Hearthrob exhaust. They have nice kits USA made. I have been there and the quality is high end but the price is not. Get it from summit or go direct. I have a 2.25 system on my Convert and am very happy. They are a Flowmaster copy but double warped outer shell making less in car drone. http://www.heartthrobexhaust.com/