best exhaust set up for 03 cobra? (catback, x-pipe)

• Sponsors (?)

2003 COBRA said:
what is the best exhaust for an 03 cobra as far as power gains are concerned? on my 02 gt I ran SLP x-pipe and loud mouth, I loved it. what would you guys go with????

Magnaflow catback sounds good and puts down 30 RWHP. My 02 GT had offroad H and 40 series flowmasters. The Magnaflow is more conservative, but really comes to life when you nail it. I don't have any plans for an aftermarket mid pipe since our stock mid pipe isn't overly restrictive.

2003 COBRA said:
what is the best exhaust for an 03 cobra as far as power gains are concerned? on my 02 gt I ran SLP x-pipe and loud mouth, I loved it. what would you guys go with????

Did you even try using the "Search" button before asking this question? It's been answered a couple hundred times already.... Not trying to be a dick, but with one post to your name you're not off to a great start.

U.M.

I have an off road X-pipe and a SLP loud mouth... which was so damn loud I had to take the crap SLP gave me and put the only thing I could find to fit in its place.. which was some 4 inch Magnaflow race mufflers... and it is still pretty damn loud... too loud really, its louder than my heads, cam, supercharged 90 GT with 3 inch dumps that I had... its not so bad when your all the way on it, or at idle... but when your just pullin out normal at about 2,500 rpms it throws out this horrific redneck blast!! The up side is the quality of the cat back was great, better than my brother's Bassani thats on his Cobra, which sounds great.. and the tips that SLP gives you look awesome, especially since I shine mine with steel wool... it also must be good for power... I haven't dynoed my car, but I do know that 11.6's at 122 in Louisiana summer time heat is cookin with the few mods I got... hope that helps, Travis.