Dec 6, 2005
BEST HEAD GASKETS (VORTECH)??????

:bang: what is the best head gaskets for a 94 5.0 with a V1 @ 8psi stock heads

i was told if by putting just ARP head studs or bolts and some nice head

gaskest i would be able to boost more thus giving me more power and thus

me going faster LOL

so what do u guys recommend and do u agree with i was told:bang: :bang:

• Sponsors (?)

I'd tell ya only to run cometics if you have a properly built and prepped shortblock and heads. They need the surface to be prepped just right for them to work right without headaches. But also remember that cometics probably wont blow...so if your shortblock is not built, then that means something else will break....the next weakest link. Sometimes its better just to have a HG go rather than something worse.

I know i've read about fel pro 9333-pt1s i believe on blown applications. Go to turbomustangs or any blown message forum and just search for head gaskets. You'll uncover a ton of threads about this exact question.

Good luck

nmcgrawj is right on the money. unless you have a nice straight deck surface then go ahead with the cometics.

get a set of 9333pt-1's with some ARP studs and you'll be fine. people have ran up to 20 psi with this combo and lived to tell about it.

I really like the cometics.

before them i ran FRPP head gaskets cause they were cheap and available. worked fine too. but without a doubt get ARP head bolts. studs are even better IMO