• Mustang Forums
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech

Best place to buy 6cyl springs?

  • Thread starter Thread starter classic boost
  • Start date Start date Jul 17, 2009

classic boost

Founding Member
Feb 3, 1999
709
0
0
canton, oh
Jul 17, 2009
#1
  • Jul 17, 2009
  • #1
i don't buy much 'non racing' stuff for my car, so i don't really know what places are out there besides cj's and laurel mt.
any suggestions where to buy 6cyl front springs?
thanks.
 
1

10secgoal

Active Member
Dec 1, 2003
2,801
3
49
San Diego
Jul 17, 2009
#2
  • Jul 17, 2009
  • #2
I have a used set out of a 68..... ? I run a used set.
 
1

10secgoal

Active Member
Dec 1, 2003
2,801
3
49
San Diego
Jul 17, 2009
#3
  • Jul 17, 2009
  • #3
I just realized what's going on here...... you don't have the front setup loose yet?! You need to send me a PM sir.
 
2

2+2GT

10 Year Member
Apr 25, 2009
3,333
10
79
Southeastern Pennsylvania
Jul 17, 2009
#4
  • Jul 17, 2009
  • #4
You can get the 8088 front springs from Glazier/Nolan. You can also get a wide variety from Eaton.
 

rbohm

Founding Member
Apr 12, 2002
6,698
550
204
tucson,az
Jul 17, 2009
#5
  • Jul 17, 2009
  • #5
do your self a favor and get a set of non GT V8 springs. that will give you a higher spring rate than the stock six cylinder springs, but not so much that ride quality is hurt.
 
1

10secgoal

Active Member
Dec 1, 2003
2,801
3
49
San Diego
Jul 17, 2009
#6
  • Jul 17, 2009
  • #6
rbohm said:
do your self a favor and get a set of non GT V8 springs. that will give you a higher spring rate than the stock six cylinder springs, but not so much that ride quality is hurt.
Click to expand...

ehhh, your kinda looking here for the lowest spring rate that will hold up the nose weight. that way there is more energy stored. The 6cyl stuff is taller also. So the actual push from them last longer in the suspension travel. You generally get perfect ride height without cutting the spring at all.
 

blown65

Founding Member
Jul 7, 1999
1,938
4
39
Queen Creek Arizona
Jul 17, 2009
#7
  • Jul 17, 2009
  • #7
10secgoal said:
ehhh, your kinda looking here for the lowest spring rate that will hold up the nose weight. that way there is more energy stored. The 6cyl stuff is taller also. So the actual push from them last longer in the suspension travel. You generally get perfect ride height without cutting the spring at all.
Click to expand...


X2, that would be going the wrong way with a higher spring rate. lol


The Moog 8088 springs is what ya want. Most places can get moog, or you can get them from ppl like moneymaker or just do a search for them. I think I paid like 90 bucks for mine from MoneyMaker, might be a couple bucks more but his help is worth it on other things.
 

brianj5600

Active Member
Sep 19, 2003
1,964
2
39
Middle TN
Jul 18, 2009
#8
  • Jul 18, 2009
  • #8
I don't like my 42yo springs. The front end moves plenty with them, but it sits too low. I need some spring spacers in front. I have not track tested them yet either. I need to try my new to me shocks out too. I am headded for DFW in the morning. I might have to hit Dallas Mustangs.

This was with Grab a Trac 560's. I liked the way it looked like this. The original 6 cyl spring lowered it about 1.5"-2". Doesn't Summit carry Moog?

 
N

nugget68

Member
Sep 26, 2005
362
3
19
Jul 20, 2009
#9
  • Jul 20, 2009
  • #9
I have some springs that I beleive are for a 6 cyl. I bought them on here for my 68. they sat way too low on my v8. when I ordered the right springs (620's for a v8) they were the same height but the new ones I got were thicker. anyway, i have them with the 1" spacers if you are interested...
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Front Coil Overs and Rear Traditional Springs within a Maximum Motorsports K-Member Kit
  • Habu135
  • Sep 7, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
24
Views
540
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 9, 2026
Habu135
S
Best place to source power steering parts for a '67? (control valve, ram, hoses)
  • SophiaTatum
  • Jun 15, 2026
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech
Replies
2
Views
140
Classic Mustang Specific Tech Jun 18, 2026
SophiaTatum
S
Removing speedo cable from the VSS
  • 91AOD5.0LX
  • Mar 25, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
27
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Apr 25, 2026
91AOD5.0LX
9
RECEIVED OFFER TO BY MY 92 LX CONVERTIBLE
  • 92StangGirl
  • Mar 23, 2026
  • What is it Worth?!?!?
Replies
2
Views
270
What is it Worth?!?!? Mar 23, 2026
General karthief
B
Where to go from here on my build…
  • B0udreaux
  • Jul 14, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
8
Views
340
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jul 18, 2026
AeroCoupe
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?