Best place to buy 6cyl springs?

• Sponsors (?)

do your self a favor and get a set of non GT V8 springs. that will give you a higher spring rate than the stock six cylinder springs, but not so much that ride quality is hurt.

do your self a favor and get a set of non GT V8 springs. that will give you a higher spring rate than the stock six cylinder springs, but not so much that ride quality is hurt.

ehhh, your kinda looking here for the lowest spring rate that will hold up the nose weight. that way there is more energy stored. The 6cyl stuff is taller also. So the actual push from them last longer in the suspension travel. You generally get perfect ride height without cutting the spring at all.

ehhh, your kinda looking here for the lowest spring rate that will hold up the nose weight. that way there is more energy stored. The 6cyl stuff is taller also. So the actual push from them last longer in the suspension travel. You generally get perfect ride height without cutting the spring at all.

X2, that would be going the wrong way with a higher spring rate. lol

The Moog 8088 springs is what ya want. Most places can get moog, or you can get them from ppl like moneymaker or just do a search for them. I think I paid like 90 bucks for mine from MoneyMaker, might be a couple bucks more but his help is worth it on other things.

I don't like my 42yo springs. The front end moves plenty with them, but it sits too low. I need some spring spacers in front. I have not track tested them yet either. I need to try my new to me shocks out too. I am headded for DFW in the morning. I might have to hit Dallas Mustangs.

This was with Grab a Trac 560's. I liked the way it looked like this. The original 6 cyl spring lowered it about 1.5"-2". Doesn't Summit carry Moog?

1001936aym2.jpg

I have some springs that I beleive are for a 6 cyl. I bought them on here for my 68. they sat way too low on my v8. when I ordered the right springs (620's for a v8) they were the same height but the new ones I got were thicker. anyway, i have them with the 1" spacers if you are interested...