Roush Best place to look for used Saleens

Cali 281SC

Sep 30, 2005
I'm considering buying an 03-04 used S281 E or Cobra Saleen.

Where is the best place to look? Any one have any recommendations other than the ones listed below?

- Performance Auto Sport
- Yahoo cars
- kbb.com

• Sponsors (?)

I have one interested in an Extreme Convertible with 4k mile. Email me for pics and info at [email protected]. Has the 03/04 saleen pulley upgrade.
img04632hy.jpg

img03355au.jpg

Attachments

• img04632hy.jpg
    img04632hy.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 103
  • img03355au.jpg
    img03355au.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 111
Picked up my 02 S281E coupe with 4,600 miles for $33K, 100% stock, two sets of wheels, both with killer tires, tastfully installed Alpine system w/ sub & amp, installed radar detector.....

Still smells new......

Nice lookin vert, not $45K nice but very nice. Good luck.

Oh man! You're killin me Wash!

I saw the car on Ebay a few weeks ago, looked bad-ass, wanted it, didn't jump on it.....:bang:

Glad to see you're enjoying it....one helluva good buy:nice:

All nice but the last convertible sold on ebay for 52k I believe a few months back. If the book value says 42 to 47, I believe I am not asking too much. I dont mind letting it sit for 10yrs either.

O, I would check on your extended warranty because to my knowledge, It only covers factory ford parts which would be ????. Extreme's come with a 1yr or 12k mile warranty on Saleen installed parts. Ford will not cover anything modified by Saleen on Extremes because they are saleen built race cars.

Saleen22 said:
O, I would check on your extended warranty because to my knowledge, It only covers factory ford parts which would be ????. Extreme's come with a 1yr or 12k mile warranty on Saleen installed parts. Ford will not cover anything modified by Saleen on Extremes because they are saleen built race cars.

Not sure, but the guy I bought the car from paid $2500 for this drivetrain warranty and it says it's on the drivetrain on an Saleen S281E. We'll see, hopefully won't need it but it really didn't sway the deal, I would have paid 2K more without the warranty.

I really like this car, lots of fun so far. It's under a cover in garage until we get some warmer weather. We had 71 degrees yesterday here in MO, had some fun with it to the expense of the back tires...... Rubber is easily replaced........

washMO66 said:
Not sure, but the guy I bought the car from paid $2500 for this drivetrain warranty and it says it's on the drivetrain on an Saleen S281E. We'll see, hopefully won't need it but it really didn't sway the deal, I would have paid 2K more without the warranty.

I really like this car, lots of fun so far. It's under a cover in garage until we get some warmer weather. We had 71 degrees yesterday here in MO, had some fun with it to the expense of the back tires...... Rubber is easily replaced........

Yea,

Like he said. That is one of the biggest Ford dealer scams is to sell an extended warranty on any Saleen product. Ford will not honor it even if the dealer sold the warranty and says Saleen on it so your best bet is to get the dealer to refund the amount of the warranty to you ( the new owner). Just be careful. Unfortunately, If you blow your motor it's all on you since you are past 3 years now.

there are independent warranty company's out there. I bought a warranty for my 2000 saleen on the drivetrain and it had nothing to do with ford. I can see it being a scam if he said it was a ford extended warranty.

markw351 said:
there are independent warranty company's out there. I bought a warranty for my 2000 saleen on the drivetrain and it had nothing to do with ford. I can see it being a scam if he said it was a ford extended warranty.

You are correct, never said it was from Ford, everybody just assumed.

It is an independent warranty company and as soon as I recieve it in the mail from the PO I am going to verify if it is good or not