Best quality/price H/Ccombo?

• Sponsors (?)

First, what shape is the engine in?
How is the oil pressure? If it’s OK, do you have a rocker that needs adjusted, or a bad cam lobe? The bad lobe is less likely with a roller cam, but possible. And the metal went somewhere in the engine. If it also passes a compression test and is only a bad lifter, then it’s time to go shopping for fun parts.

First, what shape is the engine in?
How is the oil pressure? If it’s OK, do you have a rocker that needs adjusted, or a bad cam lobe? The bad lobe is less likely with a roller cam, but possible. And the metal went somewhere in the engine. If it also passes a compression test and is only a bad lifter, then it’s time to go shopping for fun parts.
The engine has under 10,000 miles on, and I thought maybe the tick could damage my pushrods and maybe cam so that’s why I thought well if I replace the lifter might as well just do the top end if I already have been wanting too and the oil pressure is fine but sometimes I’ll put it in neutral at very low speeds and the oil pressure will drop down than instantly come back down and if I idle it’ll rarely drop again than come right back up and drop again and come right back up

The engine has under 10,000 miles on, and I thought maybe the tick could damage my pushrods and maybe cam so that’s why I thought well if I replace the lifter might as well just do the top end if I already have been wanting too and the oil pressure is fine but sometimes I’ll put it in neutral at very low speeds and the oil pressure will drop down than instantly come back down and if I idle it’ll rarely drop again than come right back up and drop again and come right back up
Worn bearings will drop pressure when warm and at low RPM’s. But the bouncing thing is quite odd. Do the RPMs also drop too far and then going back to a normal idle speed?

before spending another penny on this engine, why not figure out what is causing the low oil pressure and ticking noise. Who built the motor?

Rules of engine building

1. do it right the first time
2. you always have the money to do it right the 2nd time