best rear diff and axles combo...

• Sponsors (?)

There is no best, it depends on what you use the car for.
Highway only when mileage is important then 3.27 would be a good choice.
if you live on the highway but you still want some decent acceleration then something like a 3.55, if you go to the drags then something like a 4.10 (depending on the mods) If you want something that gives good performance and won't kill you on the highway then most would probably recomend a 3.73.
Again, it depends on the mods and what the car is used for.
If I was to pick an all around best gear then I would shoot for the 3.73.

http://www.reiderracing.com/

I have 31 spline stuff....it's good. Do it!! Car hookes harder now. BUT...I have an Explorer diff. No need for big money Eaton, Detroit Locker Moser etc...11's 12's 13's with Nittos or the like won't break the Explorer diff.

There is no best, it depends on what you use the car for.
Highway only when mileage is important then 3.27 would be a good choice.
if you live on the highway but you still want some decent acceleration then something like a 3.55, if you go to the drags then something like a 4.10 (depending on the mods) If you want something that gives good performance and won't kill you on the highway then most would probably recomend a 3.73.
Again, it depends on the mods and what the car is used for.
If I was to pick an all around best gear then I would shoot for the 3.73.

Reider Racing is your source for all you drive train and differential needs

Useless post...try going back and reading what the thread starter actually was asking about...:rolleyes:

twogts4us
I'm sorry your majesty, I've misread the intent of the original poster, thanks for pointing it out to me in such a kind and tender manner.
I'll try to never make another mistake again.

My future plans are to get the Moser 31 spline axles...
Moser 31 Spline Mustang Axles for 8.8in Rear w/ Studs (99-04 GT, Bullitt, & Mach 1) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

and pair them up with a Ford Racing 31 spline traction LOK...
Ford Racing 8.8" 31 Spline Traction - LOK Limited Slip Differential at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

Not sure if this is the "best" setup, but it should work well for what I have in store for it!
This is the setup I have.