• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-

Best repair manual

  • Thread starter Thread starter lil OH
  • Start date Start date Sep 3, 2010
L

lil OH

Member
Mar 21, 2010
40
0
6
Boston
Sep 3, 2010
#1
  • Sep 3, 2010
  • #1
I'm a real newb (first oil change last night) and looking for the best repair manual out there. Looks like Haynes is the one but wanted to know if this is the best one. Thanks.
 

DOHC otto

Member
Oct 10, 2007
139
0
16
Rock Island, TN
Sep 3, 2010
#2
  • Sep 3, 2010
  • #2
Never had much luck with Haynes or Chilton they always seem to leave out the one thing I'm working on or a one step out of what I'm doing. I've had good experience with OEM Ford shop manual, they are really expensive new like $180 if you can find a parts department who will hook you up. Best bet is troll eBay for one, I got my manual and electrical manual for $50.
 

Shiroelex

There's nothing worse than aut
Founding Member
Aug 23, 2001
728
1
27
Westland, MI
Sep 3, 2010
#3
  • Sep 3, 2010
  • #3
I usually buy a Haynes AND a Chilton's manual for a car I plan on keeping around for a while. What one book doesn't have, the other often does. Between those two books and Autozone's free repair guides, I usually find what I'm looking for.
 
L

lil OH

Member
Mar 21, 2010
40
0
6
Boston
Sep 3, 2010
#4
  • Sep 3, 2010
  • #4
Thanks guys...I'll be searching on ebay for the OEM ford shop manual
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

C
Help with manual conversion
  • CPH89LX
  • Aug 23, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
20
Views
456
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 27, 2026
2000xp8
Cooling Jacket Pitting Idea's?
  • BoostedRed89gt
  • Aug 9, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
12
Views
261
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 17, 2026
Mustang5L5
M
WTB Seat track
  • Magnet86
  • Jan 15, 2026
  • Want to Buy
Replies
2
Views
285
Want to Buy Jan 19, 2026
Magnet86
M
B
Manual disc brakes
  • Butchd88
  • Feb 28, 2026
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
1
Views
260
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Mar 27, 2026
zookeeper
Engine Radiator with no shroud provision... What to do?
  • FastDriver
  • Apr 22, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
16
Views
468
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Apr 25, 2026
FastDriver
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?