• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech

Best tob???

  • Thread starter Thread starter LS2 KLR
  • Start date Start date Oct 4, 2005

LS2 KLR

Member
Apr 16, 2003
452
0
17
Houston, TX
Oct 4, 2005
#1
  • Oct 4, 2005
  • #1
I seem to have a problem with tobs. I had one installed last week that was in my car for about a year and two days later the new one went to crap. I looked at it and saw it has some small chunks missing. I was wondering if they make any aftermarket throw out bearings that will actually last.
 

Venom_Nitrous

Founding Member
Aug 23, 2002
416
1
0
Spearfish, SD
Oct 4, 2005
#2
  • Oct 4, 2005
  • #2
MMR Competition Throw out bearing (better seals and bearings) 300100 $39.99

http://www.modularmustangracing.com/
 

Attachments

  • 300100.webp
    12.5 KB · Views: 87

LS2 KLR

Member
Apr 16, 2003
452
0
17
Houston, TX
Oct 4, 2005
#3
  • Oct 4, 2005
  • #3
Thanks, I'll give them a call Also, how do you like your nozzle kit? I've heard of people having issues but I've never experienced anything bad with mine
 

mity2

I like Pro3 and all I got was this crappy CT.
Jul 24, 2003
2,872
3
48
StateCollege PA
Oct 4, 2005
#4
  • Oct 4, 2005
  • #4
damn it, i ordered Ford one yeasterday...
 

topless98gt

Adhesive Feces
Mar 31, 2005
182
0
17
Arlington, TX
Oct 4, 2005
#5
  • Oct 4, 2005
  • #5
mity2 said:
damn it, i ordered Ford one yeasterday...
Click to expand...
SEND IT BACK!
 

BlueRuckus

New Member
Jun 30, 2005
204
1
0
Miami, FL
Oct 4, 2005
#6
  • Oct 4, 2005
  • #6
I hope this is not considered hi-jacking. If it is, sorry.

Is a TOB hard to install? Does it require the tranny to come down. My stock one is starting to sweek and it's getting annoying. Clutch still grabs, but the noise sucks.
 

mity2

I like Pro3 and all I got was this crappy CT.
Jul 24, 2003
2,872
3
48
StateCollege PA
Oct 4, 2005
#7
  • Oct 4, 2005
  • #7
BlueRuckus said:
I hope this is not considered hi-jacking. If it is, sorry.

Is a TOB hard to install? Does it require the tranny to come down. My stock one is starting to sweek and it's getting annoying. Clutch still grabs, but the noise sucks.
Click to expand...

ya unfortunatly, trans have to come out. If noise is not excessive, you can lube the TOB with grease from access hole where clutch folk is located. do search. some people have great luck with it
 

BlueRuckus

New Member
Jun 30, 2005
204
1
0
Miami, FL
Oct 4, 2005
#8
  • Oct 4, 2005
  • #8
mity2 said:
ya unfortunatly, trans have to come out. If noise is not excessive, you can lube the TOB with grease from access hole where clutch folk is located. do search. some people have great luck with it
Click to expand...

Good tip! I'll look into that.

Thanks!
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Hello from Washington State!
  • Daddys Lil Filly
  • Jun 10, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
5
Views
201
The Welcome Wagon Jun 10, 2026
Daddys Lil Filly
Engine Looking for suggestions and or ideas
  • PonyGTrider
  • Aug 25, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
17
Views
454
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Sep 7, 2026
PonyGTrider
1990 Mustang with no-start condition - Fixed and how-to
  • TTSaleen
  • Mar 22, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
0
Views
158
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Mar 22, 2026
TTSaleen
Alternator not charging
  • SchwarzStock
  • Jul 6, 2026
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
168
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Jul 19, 2026
SchwarzStock
Engine Random Misfire at idle.
  • Gulftown980x
  • Jul 29, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
11
Views
435
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Jul 31, 2026
squeak93
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?