Best way to change a 02 sensor

BRX98GT

Nov 3, 2003
Raleigh, NC
Hey guys,

I was looking at changing out the front passenger side 02 sensor for a buddy of mine with a 95 V6? I looks like it is going to be a PITA to get at. What is the best way to get at that thing?

Thanks,
Brux

• Sponsors (?)

Use either a proper size box wrench or buy an o2 socket and go for it. Should come right out unless you live in snow country and is rusty as hell down there. If so, use wd40. Then put anti-sieze onto the threads of the new sensor and tighten to specs. You might as well replace the other one while ur at it.

Then ur done. :nice:

Good Luck :flag:

Thanks for the reply...but i guess i didn't really didn't word my question very well. I need to know what is the best way to get the socket on the 02 sensor (ie from underneath the car or from the side) . Do I need to pull the starter or pull the exhaust off or attempt to remove it from the side through the front suspension...it just doesn't look there is much space to work with.

Thanks again for the reply.

Just did mine today. Found that the 02 socket works great if you take the starter loose first. Just the two main bolts. Did not even need an extention. That was the best $10 I ever spent. Wish I had had it yesterday when I took off the other three.