Better sparkplug?

98RIPPER

Feb 12, 2008
Whats up everybody.....Im just wondering if anybody has used the Pulstar Pulse Plug? If so how has it performed in your ride? I normally use NGK but after reviewing this plug it looks to me to burn better. Any thoughts? If you haven't heard of this plug check this site out.( www.pulstar.com )

• Sponsors (?)

.052-.056 gap which can be found on the catalyst sticker on the underside of your hood. Torque is 15Nm(ya know that sounds high to me regardless of what the books says). I would just go with what UM says. Personally I tighten them until they are snug.

Lower intake to cyl head is 89 in/lb
Upper to lower intake is 89 in/lb
EGR val to intake is 30 in/lb

Valve covers are also 89 in/lb

Couldn't tell you what the gap is for a '99, sorry. I have to gap my plugs smaller than a N/A application because I'm supercharged and there's a higher chance of spark blow out.

I know the torque required for sparkplugs in the 4v heads is not much, like 13 ft/lbs.

No idea on the torque requirements for upper intake or valve covers either. Sorry.

U.M.

All spark plugs are gapped at that range unless you are running forced induction(i.e nitrous, supercharger, turbo). There is a sticker under the hood that tells you the factory gap.

Personally I would use a copper plug being they burn better, but the downfall is they last less (30-35k).

that reminds me, i changed the plugs the other week to a set of champion ones that came with it, but i didnt gap the plugs at all... what am i supposed to gap them to?

and are champion plugs any good? since i fitted them i noticed the car stalls occasionally, which it never did before fitting these plugs. could that be because of the gap?

Engine Gap

If I were you just incase I would just call Champion or call SVT and ask them for the specific gap Id rather ask experts and check them reg. Especially if you are racing alot copper they say are better but yes they do burn out quicker.

Hope this helped I used to have ford svts number but you can call Ford Head quaters and they will give you svts number

Good Luck

98 cobra spark plug gap

I went on Champions web site and looked up the info on your car

98 cobra

Brand Product Name Stock# Part# Gap
Champion Double platinum 7963 7963 .054"

Champion Iridium Plug 9204 9204 .054

Champion Premium Gold 2401 2401 .054"
Plug

I hope this helps you out So it looks like .054 is the same for 98 and 99.