Big Block Shock Tower Bracing

Some time ago I saw some brackets that could be purchased and welded in to duplicate the big block shock tower bracing. They attached to the existing reinforcement and wrapped around the towers. Has anyone tried that and is it worth the effort? Do they still sell the reinforcements anywhere?

• Sponsors (?)

In addition to that, the best thing to put in is the export brace. Don't buy junk, spend the money for a thick one, they are worth every penny. Nothing else keeps the towers in place that good. Those lower supports are only really needed if you have a big block, or are doing SERIOUS corner carving, or have alot of weight up front.

chepsk8 said:
In addition to that, the best thing to put in is the export brace. Don't buy junk, spend the money for a thick one, they are worth every penny. Nothing else keeps the towers in place that good. Those lower supports are only really needed if you have a big block, or are doing SERIOUS corner carving, or have alot of weight up front.

My 67, to the best of my knowledge, always had the stock export brace.
It's a 289 car and the shock towers are cracked.
Of course, I don't know what it went thru before I got it.
I've got the Pro-Motorsports reinforcement kit that I am going to be putting in but I think I will replace that wimpy export brace with a nice stout system too.

The stock brace is a two piece, one to each tower. The Export brace is a one piece out of heavier steel.

If your towers are cracked, the only real cure is to replace them. I had to do that on the Mach.