BIG problem with 2011 Mustangs

• Sponsors (?)

Two options here:

1) Can easily be fixed with a tune

2) Mishimoto High-Performance Billet Aluminum Coffee Mug (designed to fit in the 2011 cup holders without spilling*)

*only available with optional Brembo Package equipped Mustangs.

Or the home remedy:
Light coat of oil on the tires (no way to pull enough G's to spill the coffee).

You broke the cardinal rule...thou shalt not eat and drink in the Mustang.:nonono:

At .88g, any liquid will wash up the sides of the container at a 41.3 degree angle. (More if turn in is very sudden and momentum carries it further).

There are 3 solutions:

1. Don't drink in the car.
2. Get a lid on the cup.
3. If you must have an open cup, then assuming the cup is symmetrical, drink enough out of it so the vertical distance between the top of the cup and the coffee level is equal to 1/2(cupdiamter)*tan g-force.

You broke the cardinal rule...thou shalt not eat and drink in the Mustang.:nonono:

At .88g, any liquid will wash up the sides of the container at a 41.3 degree angle. (More if turn in is very sudden and momentum carries it further).

There are 3 solutions:

2. Get a lid on the cup.
3. If you must have an open cup, then assuming the cup is symmetrical, drink enough out of it so the vertical distance between the top of the cup and the coffee level is equal to 1/2(cupdiamter)*tan g-force.

Holy Crap man, that made me laugh so hard I just about dropped my laptop off of my lap :rlaugh:

This is one of the funnier threads I've read in some time, Thanks for the laughs :nice:

Those are NOT cup holders!!! It's a loose change holder! READ THE MANUAL!! Here ya go i copy and paste it for you. ** The 2011 mustang is not equipped with a cup holder due to it's cornering capabilities. Spare change can be left inside of the 2 round cylinders formally know as "cup holder'.**

There are 3 solutions:

2. Get a lid on the cup.

I'm concerned that the free surface affect can affect the overall stability of the car making it unstable while cornering. Perhaps Ford should issue all 11' owners with two Mugs with lids and baffles to control the aforementioned liquids. Here is a diagram showing the effects on a boat.
_41301562_free_surface_effect_416.gif

I don't know why people find this funny, it's a very serious issue and I'm sure plenty of lawyers would be interested in this case. I had to wash a perfectly good pair of short that had a least three days wear left in them and lost $2 of coffee. WHO IS GOING TO PAY THAT BILL????

No no no what you need to do is after cornering hard you must turn as hard in the opposite direction thus repositioning the cup under the coffee as it splashes back down. This is why I miss my 66 and 67 mustangs so much, with those cars after tuning the wheel sharply I had enough time to finish my coffee before the cars began to change direction so this was never an issue.

although it may sound weird, the best option IMO is to just put your coffee in a water bottle or thermos.. i've done it before, only downside is the odd looks you get, but once you get into work or whatever just pour it in a cup... preserve the stang!