BIGGEST Wheels!

95gtscobra

Jul 21, 2008
Hello, i have a 95 GT and i wanna know whats the max on how much wheel can fit in the rear of my car. Whats the biggest done to this body style and on what size rims. I have 17" Cobra Rs now but i might sell them soon to get into something that i can run big tires on! If you have pictures that i could drool over that would be great!
Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

Anything larger than 19" wheels on an SN95 looks rice as far as I'm concerned...and even that's pushing it. a nice set of 18's with a fat outer lip and a 1.5" suspension drop looks about perfect IMO. As for width, I've heard of guys running up to a 335 on a 10.5" wide wheel, but it's really not practical for anything but looks.

yeah and really thats all im trying to achieve is the fatter look, maybe better traction. my 235/45s spin everytime now and wont grab. I measured my rims on the car and from the outer lip to outer lip its about 10.5-10.75" wide. That could be an inacurate way to measure the acutal width tho.

um im not sure they came with the car. i know they had blue and red with a small american flag thing in the background center caps. so i dont know what repro brand that is.

edit: no these are 17" Chrome Cobra R wheels, not factory. They may be repro's tho

You could "donk" ride the stang on 22's I bet....would work well if you live in a flood zone lol..I wouldnt go bigger than 18's...As far as performance Id rather have a light set of wheels with the narrowest stick rubber I could get probably a 245 45 17's with the stickiest compound....but you want that "look" so 18 x 10's probably and like 315's?

ive been looking up the 315s on a cobra R rim and they look great! So i dont really wanna have to sell my cobra r's. How do i figure out if theyre 9" or 10.5" wide rims in the back?

Widest wheel I've ever seen fit on our cars was the AR Torque Thrust II's in 17X11 with 7" of BS. You will need to modify the quad shock to run these and perhaps get the hammer out to some of the inner fender. 315's are the most common rear tire size to run as are 10.5" wheels with a 6.75" to 6.95" BS. I run 6.75" BS on a 17X10.5 and I have absolutely no rubbing issues at all and I didn't have to modify anything, not even the quad shock. A 335 "may" fit with the proper wheel specs and some influence from a big 'ol hammer.

I'm sure you could go with 30s

donk_on_30_inch_wheels_dub_tour_1-568-426.jpg