Billet Steel Flywheel Suggestions

Sicarius428

Jan 6, 2004
I am at the point where my TKO600 is out of the car and going to be headed to get rebuilt(ujoint let loose on the freeway and smacked the transmission cracking the case and bell). While that is being done, I am going to replace the rear main and pilot bearing. I figure my stock flywheel is going to need some refinishing and I might as well upgrade. I don't race and this is just a fun car for me so going all out is not the top of the list. What would you suggest that is reasonably priced. I would like a billet steel with removable weights just in case I go stroker in the future. Any thoughts or experience is greatly appreciated.
Kevin

• Sponsors (?)

I would stay with a heavy flywheel unless you road race. The heavy flywheel is nice for launching.

M-6375-C302B is a 50 oz.
M-6375-A302B is a 28 oz.
M-6375-D302B is the neutral balance.

All the same price. I would call Ford and ask if the weight is removable. I think it is, but don't take my word for it. Someone else here may know for sure.

Yeah, I was looking at the FMS ones. I figure most billet flywheels are roughly 23 lbs. give or take a couple. My car is set up for handling rather than straight line but it is mainly just a fun ride for me. AL flywheel is out of the question though. Too rich for my blood and poor street manners which is realistically what I will need it for.
Kevin