bLiNkEr

NPIGT

Nov 29, 2004
I know this sounds stupid but my right blinker is faster than the left. It makes a faster ticking noise and blinks faster. Any ideas on what the problem is?

• Sponsors (?)

Put the right blinker on, and get out of your car to see which light isnt blinking (corner or tail)... if the problem is intermittent (ie, doesnt happen all the time) your blinker switch may be busted. If it happens all the time, then you probably just need to replace whichever bulb is not lighting. Both procedures are described in detail in a Haynes or chiltons manual :)

You have a rare car indeed. That is an option from ford that puts different clicking for the left and right turn signal so that blind drivers know whether they were turning the left or right signal on... :nice:

TrueCustoms said:
You have a rare car indeed. That is an option from ford that puts different clicking for the left and right turn signal so that blind drivers know whether they were turning the left or right signal on... :nice:

Nice, how much more is it worth now? I thought it might have had to do with a fuse of some sort. your funny:rlaugh:

I'd say trade that sucker in straight up for a terminator, and make sure you get cashback on the deal or you are getting screwed... in all seriousness it's a bulb out, same thing happened to me and one of my buddies pulled that one on me, just thought i'd pass it on :nice:

Yea, this happened to me the other day...but I just didnt plug the blinker in all the way when I put the headlight back in. I was freeking out when it was blinking FAST on the right turn signal lol.

Good feature IMO, LOVE it. I was wondering if a bulb would do it too...good to know.