Engine Block Filler ?'s

flstang65

10 Year Member
Dec 6, 2007
SE Georgia
Hey guys, I am normally on the 4.6 side of the house but, my race motor has now changed to a SBF instead of a mod motor soooo...

Anyone have any experience with engine block filler?

I was going to fill my race motor to the water pump, run a high volume electric water pump and a good oil cooler. It will be a race only motor never to be driven on the street. Good heads/valvetrain, forged internals, main girdle on the bottom end, good intake, carbed and turbo with 4 core inter cooler.

And, yes, I did use the search feature first.

Thanks for the help, guys!

• Sponsors (?)

Up to the water jackets should be fine make sure when you fill the block you have a set of heads torqued down to spec mounted on the block, also put on the main girdle. Leave it there for all to set up. I also fill it before I machine it as well however it is best to talk to the machinist you use.

Why the swap from the mod?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Because I picked up a 302 long block in GREAT shape with forged pistons, main girdle, high volume oil punp, and all ARP hardware (including oil pump shaft) holding it all together for $200. That, and my budget just shrunk a little so, it will be a SBF with blow through carb and single turbo set up.

Basically, all i need now are a forged crank and rods to go with the pistons, heads, cam, intake and carb and I'm done. I have priced it out both ways and I can do all that way cheaper than a mod motor.

Thanks for the advice!