Blower Guys, Come On In.....

Gearbanger 101

Straight Outta Locash
Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Aug 10, 2002
Ontario, Canada
So what are you guys doing to keep your PCV valve/oil dipstick, etc from blowing out of the manifold? I switched to a T-Bird Turbo Coupel PCV under recommendation that it would keep the system happy and took it for a run today...only to find my PCV valve blown right out of the grommet and oil all over the back of my engine. Of course after the install, I did a little more digging into the Turbo Coupe PCV and find out it may not be as effective as I was originally led to believe. :confused:

I'd threw the idea of running an open element breather on my valve cover, but a quick google search turns that idea into a total pissing match over multiple Mustang Forums about unmetered air entering the system.

Right now, I'm considering running a line from the oil fill neck, to the inlet side of the blower (between the MAF meter and the blower inlet ). That way, there isn't any "new" unmetered air being introduced into the system. I'm also considering installing a proper 1-way check valve in line with the PCV and adding an oil separator in line with it?

So what are you guys doing that works? Looking for simple here....not some elaborate/expensive vacuum pump system, or gaudy looking catch can affair.

• Sponsors (?)

I run a heavy duty check valve between the stock pcv and upper intake . I then run a breather on the vc with a check ball so it does not let in unmetered air during vacuum conditions also let's any blow by out. I also a vaccum line connected between the blower inlet vc tube. No issue with 15 psi.

Attachments

• 20160121_223344.jpg
    20160121_223344.jpg
    345.7 KB · Views: 126
  • 20160121_223255.jpg
    20160121_223255.jpg
    463.8 KB · Views: 143
Good to know. I'm going to try the check valve in line with the PCV and the line from the oil filler neck, to the blower inlet first and see how it holds up. I like the look of the one way valve cover baffle, but I'm worried it's going to interfere with the strut tower brace?