blue smoke.

ryan218

In just 10 years, I'll be old enough to drive!!!!
Dec 28, 2005
columbus ohio
yupp from the tail pipes.. runs a little ruff. shut it off 3 mins later start it up and no smoke. runs for 5 mins and starts to smoke again. very lightly. smells bad. the fumes have my head POUNDING. ill do a compression test tomm. till then. it sounds decent. :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

your rings are toast. unless you are just curious what your actual compression is I'd say screw it and start tearing the thing down for a rebuild.

your rings are toast. unless you are just curious what your actual compression is I'd say screw it and start tearing the thing down for a rebuild.

im going to do a compression test first. this motor will come out and get set aside. maybe ill throw the heads on my old mans car and practice porting with them

im just going to find a explorer motor. maybe an E cam. undecided as of now. may just reuse stock 5.0 ho cam. mildly port the heads. 1.7 RR comp springs. gasket match the upper and lower. and call it a combo!

idk. i got some time to think about it i guess.

never had it dynoed. 250ish to the wheels mebbe 300 tq.

the last two muscle cars I've had were a 455 firebird and an LS1 camaro. the mustang isnt quite on that level yet,it just feels weak to me after having cars like that. maybe when I have some more time and money to throw at it. it's been up on jackstands for most of the last year.

I am thinking of taking more of an auto-x appraoch though so I dont know if I am going to follow though with all the power adder plans that I had for it.

never had it dynoed. 250ish to the wheels mebbe 300 tq.

the last two muscle cars I've had were a 455 firebird and an LS1 camaro. the mustang isnt quite on that level yet,it just feels weak to me after having cars like that. maybe when I have some more time and money to throw at it. it's been up on jackstands for most of the last year.

I am thinking of taking more of an auto-x appraoch though so I dont know if I am going to follow though with all the power adder plans that I had for it.

i want to see 270ish at the wheels with the explorer motor ill be building. i know alot of that will be in the tune though.

Sounds like its running rich to me, fuel can be blueish also. Your saying your getting a headache from it, thats fuel. Didnt follow your no oil thread though.

it is running lean. ( checked plugs ) but this is more then fuel. ive had it al day. it just didnt help lol. i like the way it sounds though. with the header and catless x. love it. needs a cat back though. but ill wait on that till the new motor is built.

Ahh don't forget you are now running an O/R x pipe. That smoke could have been there it was just scrubbed by the cats. Just cause you have some blue smoke does not necessarily mean your rings are dead, you could have bad valve seals etc. Don't stress over it mang :nice:

Ahh don't forget you are now running an O/R x pipe. That smoke could have been there it was just scrubbed by the cats. Just cause you have some blue smoke does not necessarily mean your rings are dead, you could have bad valve seals etc. Don't stress over it mang :nice:

im not thats the thing. im happy. new motor ftw! :D my plan was to do this in spring anyways. now i get to start a little earlier. im going tot ake it for a drive and get it warm then do a compression check so ill have numbers soon.

it sounds decent. its sluggish to revv wants to die out when started unless you blip the gas right after starting. vid upoading now.

and yes. i know the tips look horrible. i just wanted to get it together to start it. no need to look good when its just gonna sit lol. it sounds decent through the stock cat back though.