BMR's - Very Little Drop

Stetler17

May 6, 2008
Put my BMR springs on this weekend. Everything went great and they are seated very nicely in their respective perches.

After the install I am only seeing 1" in the rear and at best 3/4 in the front. They are advertised as much more drop than that. The stock ride heights measured right around where everyone else post that theirs are. Is this normal from the BMR's?

I come from the world of circle track racing and every quality spring I have ever purchased is guarnteed not to lose free height over time. I can't believe that these things settle that much.

Any insight?

Just picked up a white with blue stripes 05' a few weeks back. Never was a Ford guy, always had Corvette's, but was attracted to the s197's and the huge aftermarket following. I figure I should never get tired of it. Just reinvent it with a new look when the time comes. Wheels and suspension should get me through 08'. I have been overwhelmed by the vast amount of information on the forums, my search function is about worn out....Thanks again. :SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

Yeh man, just give it a couple weeks, They will settle in. there great springs just takes time. My H&R SS were supposed to drop my car 2" all the way around after install mayby an 1" all the way around week and half later .VOLA ...2". The springs just need time to adjust !

Thanks guys.

The rear only shifted to the left 1/8", I'll give the springs a few weeks before I center it back up.

Good news is the horrible wheel hop mine had before is gone. Everything I've read suggest it would be worse after the drop, so I hope it doesn't come back when it settles. Eventually I'll do the rear arms and relocation kit, but if the hop comes back I'll have to do it now. I couldn't even spin the tires at all without it trying to rip the rear out of it.

Thanks guys.

The rear only shifted to the left 1/8", I'll give the springs a few weeks before I center it back up.

Good news is the horrible wheel hop mine had before is gone. Everything I've read suggest it would be worse after the drop, so I hope it doesn't come back when it settles. Eventually I'll do the rear arms and relocation kit, but if the hop comes back I'll have to do it now. I couldn't even spin the tires at all without it trying to rip the rear out of it.

1/8" is within the factory tolerances according to everyone I've spoke to. I'm running the BMR Adj. Panhard Bar and that's how close I could get mine. I'm sure if I spent more time I could get it better but if it's factory spec than it's fine by me.

I was also dealing with a bad wheel hop issue that was fixed after getting springs and Tokico D-Specs. I'm running the Steeda Sport Springs though. I was going to get the BMR springs, too. I'd be calling BMR to see what they have to say about the whole thing. It really does seem like a lot to settle.

1/8" is within the factory tolerances according to everyone I've spoke to. I'm running the BMR Adj. Panhard Bar and that's how close I could get mine. I'm sure if I spent more time I could get it better but if it's factory spec than it's fine by me.

I was also dealing with a bad wheel hop issue that was fixed after getting springs and Tokico D-Specs. I'm running the Steeda Sport Springs though. I was going to get the BMR springs, too. I'd be calling BMR to see what they have to say about the whole thing. It really does seem like a lot to settle.
Thumper, how do you like the Steeda sport springs. I'm thinking of getting them. I have the Steeda Ultralites right now, but I heard the sport springs are much better.

Well, I'm lucky enough that I put the Ultralites on my girlfriend's car and I have to say they suck with the stock struts. I don't know how the Sports would be with the stock struts but my guess is that they'd be even worse. I love my Sports + Tokico D-Specs though. It rides awesome and it's a good drop.