Body shop guys, is this worth trying to fix ??

oohsoobad2

Banned
Dec 17, 2004
A friend went offroading in his Cobra. He got this back from the body shop and gave it to me thinking I might want to try and fix it, paint it and put it on my GT. Is it worth even trying ??

Attachments

• Cobra bumper 2.JPG
    Cobra bumper 2.JPG
    20 KB · Views: 180
  • Cobra bumper top..JPG
    Cobra bumper top..JPG
    22.3 KB · Views: 170
  • Sponsors (?)

It that the bumper? It's kind of hard to tell. I wouldn't worry about trying to repair that. Trying to repair a tear is almost impossible. Not only that, it is probably stretched, so getting it back to normal is going to be kind of hard. Good luck!

Tim

Yes, it is the front bumper cover. If its not fixable for my car, I might Bondo it up,paint it, make some kinda headlights find a pony for the grill and hang it in my garage!!!

Once I get some free time, Im gonna Bondo it up and spray paint it. I think it will be a decoration in my garage, but I need to mock up some headlights and find a pony for the grill. I want to spend as little as possible..

oohsoobad2 said:
Once I get some free time, Im gonna Bondo it up and spray paint it. I think it will be a decoration in my garage, but I need to mock up some headlights and find a pony for the grill. I want to spend as little as possible..

I'm pretty sure that you can pick up a grill for no more than $10 on ebay. They have a ton of them. I'm pretty sure that if you post around, you can get some really used headlights or slightly damaged one for a discount, since you don't need them to be in working order and you might not notice the damage since it will be hanging high...

Hope this helps!

zincyellow03 said:
Anything is possible with a little help from your friend, Al Cohol.

You would be correct !!! My friend bought his 99 Cobra brand new, and every weekend he takes it to clubs or bars. Its been keyed and door dinged numerous times. More than I can remember emblems have been ripped off of it. In this instance he was hammered and spun out taking out a mail box and winding up in the middle of a field. He 'claims' the bumper came completely off and was in the middle of the road, he stuffed it in his back seat and drove home. I dunno if I buy that.

Seeing his car makes me glad my car will never, ever be near a bar. I dont like taking it anywhere and leaving it because you never know what a jealous ******* will do.

Yay, I was right! :banana:
I can't believe your friend abuses his cobra. I wouldn't do any of that. He's a bad owner, I think I need to take the cobra in for a foster care service. I don't know how he can drink and drive with his cobra. I mean I won't drive even if I have an ounce well, ok maybe two ounce of alcohol in me. Don't want to hurt my baby.

Oh ya, tell your friend to becare of semitrucks because those things are attracted to mustangs :(