Bodywork gurus, anybody know how to fix a hole in a bumper?

1slow95

Founding Member
May 16, 2002
ohio
Here's the deal, before I had my car repainted I bought a stock V-6 rear bumper on ebay. The seller said it had a crack in it but it wasn't tore, so I went ahead and bought it. After it finally showed up 2 months later, I found out it had a hole about 3"-4"x2"-3" that had been filled in with bondo.:mad: So, I just kept my stock bumper and put that one in my garage and kinda forgot about it until I found it the other day. So is there a good way to fix this, or should I just scrap it and get a good bumper?

BTW, if anyone's interested in a 94-98 V-6 rear bumper in need of minor repair I'll sell one for cheap. :D

• Sponsors (?)

Low-5.0 said:
Here's the deal, before I had my car repainted I bought a stock V-6 rear bumper on ebay. The seller said it had a crack in it but it wasn't tore, so I went ahead and bought it. After it finally showed up 2 months later, I found out it had a hole about 3"-4"x2"-3" that had been filled in with bondo.:mad: So, I just kept my stock bumper and put that one in my garage and kinda forgot about it until I found it the other day. So is there a good way to fix this, or should I just scrap it and get a good bumper?

BTW, if anyone's interested in a 94-98 V-6 rear bumper in need of minor repair I'll sell one for cheap. :D

what the ..........

Your out fiddlin with some bumper cover when you should be getting that k member done!!!! and to the dyno/track. Im disapointed in you, now back in the garage you go.....

yellow1995Cobra said:
what the ..........

Your out fiddlin with some bumper cover when you should be getting that k member done!!!! and to the dyno/track. Im disapointed in you, now back in the garage you go.....

Can't work on it if I don't have any parts! :p

I've got everything ordered for the TKO swap except the clutch and I'll be ordering that monday. Then I'll get the k-member and other misc. parts ordered sometime next week.

I'll have to see how my funds are in a couple weeks, but I don't think I'm gonna be able to do coil-overs right now. Stupid insurance! :mad:

BTW, I got my chip installed and it's running a lot better. Just ask the guy in the LS1 I ran into the other night :D. Now I just need to get it on the dyno...

Ram000 said:
patch it from behind w/ fiberglass, then putty it from the front, sand and smooth

did that w/ the holes on the decklid--can't even tell they were there.

Is fiberglass hard to work with? Im assuming I can find it at the same place I get some putty?

go to a paint supplier. get the two part adhesive repair kit for flexible bumpers and some mesh reinforcing sheets. you are going to have to taper the edges on both sides. fill one side, then flip over, grind and fill the other side. you should be able to finish it with the same product, no need for bondo type fillers. when its sanded to the correct contour, prime and paint!