bosch bypass valve mounting

• Sponsors (?)

there is a spot on the pipe that goes from the supercharger to the throttle body that looks like you can mount a blow off valve, but it is closed in, i would have to drill it out. if i do drill it out to accept a bov i could mount the blow off valve there and than plump it back into the pipe that is between the supercharger and the air filter? also would a bov off of a 1st gen talon work?

do you have a pic of this because i have a sn 93 so im not 100 percent shure but on my pipe there was a type of notch on the pipe the i drilled whith a circle cutter and since my pipe was plastic i jb welded on there

see my attached pic its for a vortech but theory is still the same, u also need to have a discharge tube that accepts the bypass valve and a supercharger inlet tube that accepts the bypass valve.

Attachments

• bypass.JPG
    bypass.JPG
    24.6 KB · Views: 1,704
the fittings that go into the inlet tube and the discharge tube you can get from autozone? the discharge tube is the tube that goes from the sc to the tb right? thanks alot for that pic!

9150ho said:
the fittings that go into the inlet tube and the discharge tube you can get from autozone? the discharge tube is the tube that goes from the sc to the tb right? thanks alot for that pic!

fittings you can probably get from autozone or even a hardware store, there basically are plastic and have a threaded side and a grooved side for pipe you'll need a straight one and a 90 or 45 degree one \9depending on your inlet tube.

And yes the discharge tube is the one that goes from the superchrager to the throttle body, while the inlet is takes air from the air filter to the supercharger.

so, i have to drill out an opening into my discharge tube and than tap it to except a threaded fitting? i must know! i want to put this thing on trouble free this week!
sean

9150ho said:
so, i have to drill out an opening into my discharge tube and than tap it to except a threaded fitting? i must know! i want to put this thing on trouble free this week!
sean

I guess that can be done, but there's a reason why your discharge tube didn't come with it drilled already, thats because you don't make enough boost and have the plastic discharge tube. What I did when I upgraded my supercharger was I bought the upgraded discharge tube that was aluminum and comes with a flange for a bypass or blow off.

ya what kind of sc and upgrades you have with how much boost i think any think less than 9psi and you dont need 1
also if your doing it for the sound the first gen 4g63 bov valve is not going to make that noise

i have the aluminum discharge tube with the flange for a bov or bypass, it came with my kit. im not doing the bypass for the noise, i read that it is a must on the novi 1000s for the car to idle and drive right. bmo37, was your discharge tube already drilled to except the fittings? or did you have to do that yourself?