Bowtie guy turned Ford due to 2010 Mustang

majorguitar

Jul 2, 2009
Hey all.....

First post here......

Seeing my first 2010 Mustang was all it took....WOW....love it....

I just recently sold my 03' 50th Anniversary Corvette Z06 and have been looking around for a convertible...

Always been a Chevy guy..in fact my dad owned a Chevy dealership for a while....never considered a Ford.....

Liked the 05 Mustangs when they came out....but they didn't do it for me like the new body style...I can't believe some of the posts that say they can't tell the difference or don't see the difference.....they're not even close to me...I even like the rear better......of course to each his own....I just love the 10's and think ford hit a home run...

Trey

• Sponsors (?)

Hey all.....

First post here......

Seeing my first 2010 Mustang was all it took....WOW....love it....

I just recently sold my 03' 50th Anniversary Corvette Z06 and have been looking around for a convertible...

Always been a Chevy guy..in fact my dad owned a Chevy dealership for a while....never considered a Ford.....

Liked the 05 Mustangs when they came out....but they didn't do it for me like the new body style...I can't believe some of the posts that say they can't tell the difference or don't see the difference.....they're not even close to me...I even like the rear better......of course to each his own....I just love the 10's and think ford hit a home run...

Trey

:welcome: to :SNSign:

I agree about Ford hitting a home run in the looks department on the 2010. I haven't driven one yet, but I did drive an 05 and it was light years ahead of my 95 in how solid and tight the chassis felt. The 05-09 V6/GT are nice, but never quite did it for me either. The GT500 looks great, but I don't have $40-50 grand to drop on one, so it rules those out as a potential model I'd own. If I figure out what money is, I'd love to pick up a new GT. :nice:

I love the 2010 more then any previous Stang. I want a 2010 GT500 reallyreally bad. People complain about the new black lower sections but I like them and think they would look better if they were body color or if the car is black. :nice:

If you know anybody that works for Ford, ask them for an X plan pin. A lot of the Ford forums have Ford emplyees as enthusiest as members. This one probably does too. One of the Forums I'm on has several factory guys that give X Plan pins just for the asking. There aint no sense in dealing for a Ford, when you can get friend of a Ford employee pricing!

I don't have a stang yet........I went shopping today......and I'm "NOT" paying window sticker price....that's what they wanted.....I guess I'll wait............

There are dealers willing to make good prices. I got my GT500 at 1k over invoice. I refused to even talk the the dealer than quoted 5k over MSRP. LOL Hell, I didn't even waste my time with a counter offer to his 5k comment.

Funny part though, the one I bought mine from has an 08 Black Vert for 15k over msrp. WTF. I asked him why in the world would they leave the markup on it, when he told me he would sell it CHEAP (invoice or below). Sometimes these dealers make you scratch your head.

I agree that the 010 is awesome looking. Most people complain about how the rear looks. Once they see it in person I think most will change there mind. I saw a gray V6 with pony package today and the car looks amazing. I does look smaller then the 05-09s which is a good thing.

I had an 05 GT an 07 GT500 and now a 2010GT. The 2010 GT has much better fitting seats. On the 05 I felt like I was sitting on a seat, the 2010 I sit in the seat. Much more comfortable and that is why I bought it.

Mustang 2010 is lookin' good, while the competition looks compromised.
Challenger is not a bad looking large, as in supersized coupe, but it is just not sexy and trim as this gal once was. Guess time is a cruel master. Both the Challenger and Camaro grew wide & tall. It is almost like they took an original one and just added another 6 to 8" of bottom to it. Add in the wagon wheels ( I am not a large wheel fan) and the all too wide body, as in never can park it in a parking lot, and you got bloat. Now add-in the Camaro slit of a tiny window to see out of, and that bathtub ride is mighty confining now, is it not! The A pillar is pretty hefty too and with the low roof-line tends to make forward sight line less than great. The brake pedal is too raised in proportion to the gas pedal. I think Ford finally addressed the issue with the New Stang. The interior of the Challenger is like the Charger sedan, a generic blah. All I can say is that both the Challenger and the Camaro look OK from a distance, too fat up close, and once inside, very blah. Camaro is ahead in the game of V6 power and transmission with paddle shift, as you know. That said, the old workhorse Stang V6, with 240# torque gets the job done, at scrafice of mediocre gas mileage. I like it overall, but don't know if waiting a year for the new V6 may be the better thing to do. Perhaps it comes down to price. Any REAL bargains yet for the V6 Mustangs? Last year saw $6K off or more during the panic of '08. Maybe I can wait for panic '09 or '10 ? Do people like their AUTOMATICS, or the STICK would be the better choice. I test drove an '09 with a stick - not bad. Drove the automatic '10 and it is OK. But a short test drive is not living with a car, and knowing how it performs over time.

phpThumb_generated_thumbnailjpg.jpg

just wait for this next year ........