Braided fuel line routing, opinions please

I am installing a complete new EFI fuel system consisting of a fuel cell with braided lines all the way to the engine and I am trying to determine where to run the braided fuel lines. I was going to run them in the tunnel and fab up a protective plate/cover to keep them safe, but I don't think I'll have room around the transmission (TKO 600). I also thought about running them inside the vehicle, but not sure where.

If anyone has already done this, pics or a description would be great.

Thank you,
John

• Sponsors (?)

I recommend an aluminum hard line from the tank to the engine bay. They're easy to bend and install, and they don't flop around. IIRC, NHRA has a limit on how much flex line can be used (although that may only refer to plain rubber lines:shrug:) as a hard line is considered safer. I ran 1/2" line from the tank to the pump, and 3/8 from the pump to the carb. Since you have efi, you should probably keep 3/8 all the way to the fuel rails.

i ran my braided supply and return up the passenger side along side of subframes. Then through two holes through trans support structureand then up the firewall. Will try to get photos tomorrow. Seems to work well.

mike