Brake/clutch packaging question.

hossdoc

Nov 20, 2007
Weatherford, TX
It is finally time to upgrade the brakes on my '71 coupe from 4 wheel drums to 4 wheel discs. Rather than go with with a high dollar aftermarket package, I am upgrading to '08 gt discs thanks to a kit from Mustang Steve. I plan to convert this auto car to t-56 manual and was planning on going with a hydrolic clutch setup. Steve recommended a stock style power booster for the brake setup but I am worried that may interfere with a hydrolic clutch. As I will have to convert the pedal set for both the power brakes and to switch to a manual trans. It may be easier to simply go Wilwood with the pedal set and hydrolics. However, I'm afraid that will negate the use of a stock style booster. I guess I could go with a hydroboost setup but cant find a Wilwood pedal set to fit this arrangement; they all seem to be set up for dual MCs. I had considered this when wilwood brakes were the plan, but I dont know that dual MCs will be the best arrangement for the '08 setup.
1) Is anyone running a stock brake booster and a hydrolic cluth?
If so, How?
2) What hydrolic clutch setups work best with stock pedals?
3) How difficult is it to adapt aftermarket pedal sets to these old cars?
4) Can I safely run the '08 setup with dual manual MCs?
5) Does Wilwood make a pedal set for Single MC and hydrolic clutch?
If so, will a hydroboost work with this setup?

Sorry, for the barrge of questions. I hate to do things more than once and wanted some input from those of you that have surely already traveled down this road

• Sponsors (?)