• Mustang Forums
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech

Brake woes

  • Thread starter Thread starter uh60lchief
  • Start date Start date Dec 15, 2004
U

uh60lchief

New Member
Jun 8, 2004
6
0
0
Dec 15, 2004
#1
  • Dec 15, 2004
  • #1
I've got a 65 with the mustang steve booster and willwood 4 pistons in the front and stock trash in the back. The pedal feel is all sorts of screwy and sometimes it gets really hard for no reason. I've bled everything but I'm wondering if the MC is the wrong type for a power brake setup and then I used 4 piston wilwoods instead of the one piston floater. I'm replacing the booster this weekend, but if anybody has any ideas if I might be running the wrong MC I'd appreciate a bit O' help here. My car stops pretty screwy and the pedal feel is so light I had to change out the brake light switch to the power one and even cut a whole coil off of it to get the lights to come on when I hit the brakes.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

D
Brakes 1966 Mustang convertible 289, Auto - Disc brake conversion issues
  • DRGunn427
  • Feb 26, 2025
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech
Replies
5
Views
782
Classic Mustang Specific Tech Jul 23, 2026
All Stock93
H
Strange steering/brake issue
  • Haxmaster
  • Jun 2, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
1
Views
142
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Jun 3, 2026
squeak93
1970 brake issue. Bad booster or?
  • All Stock93
  • May 13, 2025
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
10
Views
808
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Sep 13, 2025
All Stock93
J
For Sale MASTER LISTING: Abandoned '66 Mustang Restomod Part-Out (Wilwood, Ididit, Quick Performance, Mishimoto)
  • JasonB66
  • Jul 23, 2026
  • Suspension
Replies
0
Views
229
Suspension Jul 23, 2026
JasonB66
J
A
95 GT parking brake instrument cluster light trouble
  • Aroenias
  • Jun 23, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
1
Views
271
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jun 24, 2025
Mustang5L5
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?