Suspension Brand New Mustang Owner

Lee McDonald

Feb 26, 2018
Hey everyone I am new to this site and a new mustang owner. Bought the car about a month before the snow fell up here in Manitoba. The car is a 14 GT with 30k. It appears to have been lowered with SR springs. I think it’s about 1.5” lower. It also has what appears to be SR UCA and adjustable LCA,s with relocate brackets. The car has a couple of drive ability issues.

1. At higher speeds it is extremely darty. Front end seems to pull side to side quite aggressively. I know by the condition of the front tires the car was never aligned after being lowered

2. There is a lot of noise in the rear when going over bumps as well as squeaking From the rear as well. Upon investigation I found a bad bushing on the passanger LCA.

So plan is to replace the LCA,s with a BMR setup. But also curious if I should also be installing an adjustable pan hard bar. I basically want the car to drive as good or better than stock (a side from the harsher ride from lowering). So looking for recommendations from people who know best. Also what is the best way to determine/set pinion angle?

Thanks in advance to all that take the time to read and respond. All recommendations are very much appreciated

• Sponsors (?)

Lee; Maximum Motorsports is a much better choice than BMR, they were first to the market with performance suspensions for Mustangs. From your description of the handling whoever lowered the car did not install caster/camber plates, you change the geometry of the suspension when you lower the car and you must adjust the camber to stand the tire back up. Have the alignment set at 2 degrees tow out after you install caster camber plates, get them from MM. An upgraded panhard bar is a good idea, Here are the links to the MM parts.

http://www.maximummotorsports.com/MM-Panhard-Rod-with-spherical-rod-ends-2005-2014-Mustang-P988.aspx

http://www.maximummotorsports.com/M...ates-2005-2010-and-2007-2014-GT500-P1151.aspx

Reactions: 1 user
I have BMR on my 2012 Boss 302 and I highly recommend them. Truth is though just about any aftermarket LCAs and UCA will be superior to the factory parts. In the rear lowering the car caused the rear differential housing to shift laterally in relation to the body, an adjustable panhard rod will allow you to re-center the rear suspension under the car. Also keep in mind that the reason Ford installed such flimsily arms with soft bushings is to reduce NVH (noise, vibration, and harshness). NVH will increase with aftermarket arms. Also most have grease fittings and have to be lubed periodically.
Up front as Gonzojuice said lowering the car threw off the camber adjustment and there is no factory adjustment. The best way is to install camber plates. you can also install camber bolts. They are a less expensive option, and with a 1.5 inch drop they will give you enough adjustment to set the camber within spec. However camber plates are really the best way to go, and Maximum Motorsports plates are probably one of the best out there.

You don't need adjustable LCA's unless the car is serious road racer. Ditch them I recommend CHE LCA's their bushings are superior to pretty much anything on the market. As for the darty-ness on the road with a 1.5 inch drop there also may be an alignment concern.