broke the darn dipstick!

_MATiC

Sep 24, 2003
El Paso, TX
well guys, i just went and did something stupid. i never noticed that after i installed my headers that my dipstick was getting kinda week. so today, i was tightening up the header bolts and i broke the mofo! is there anything that i can put to cover the hole so i dont have an oil leak? or can i buy a new dipstick somewhere because judging by how it looks, it doesnt look like i can just get a new one in there. any suggestions at all? :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

wytstang said:
You can carefully bend the tube to clear I was able to do it on mine. However Lokar sells flexible dipstick tubes specificly for our cars.

I bought a lokar for my longtubes and it didnt go really well for the install. Maybe they sent me the wrong one but the darn thing wasnt going in. I broke this one also. Ended up getting the one I posted the link. :nice:

if i broke my dipstick at the point where it connects to the block, could that explain why my headers are coated with oil!? thats the main concern i have because it sucks balls losing oil and especially sucks having all this smoke come from under ur hood!

edit: by dipstick, i mean the dipstick tubing haha