Build help 79 Foxbody

I added pictures showing missing trim parts and or rubber parts i don't know exactly what they are considered. If someone could take a look at the pictures and send a link or tell me what they are called so i can order some i would greatly appreciate it. Also can i fit any of the newer models 87-93 tail lights on this 79 or they won't fit? Sorry if these questions have been asked in advanced i'm really trying to get this car cleaned up

Attachments

• 20220204_072500.jpg
    20220204_072500.jpg
    325.1 KB · Views: 66
  • Screenshot_20220204-215012_Snapchat.jpg
    Screenshot_20220204-215012_Snapchat.jpg
    661.6 KB · Views: 42
  • Screenshot_20220204-214842_Snapchat.jpg
    Screenshot_20220204-214842_Snapchat.jpg
    641.8 KB · Views: 51
  • Sponsors (?)

The missing trim parts seem to be the one surrounding the front window and trim missing drom my passenger and driver side windows. I already have the rear window filled in not missing that trim. I don't know the exact name for them and i don't want to get the wrong things.

Front windshield trim - older foxbody is chrome, newer 87-93 is black. I believe you can put the trim from newer models on your 79.

Second pic shows 87-93 tail lights already. To fit right and seal, you would need to change the metal tail light panel as the openings for wiring and light bulbs are different. If the picture is your car and lights bolted on, you are all set. If lights are just sitting there, you can see this yourself, just look at the tail light seals and the opening in the metal. 83-93 use the same tail light panel openings, 79-82 are the same.

Third pic, you are looking for Outer Door Belt Mouldings

1644066841608.png

Image from LMR

The upper two are the outer trim pieces, the bottom two are the felt/rubber window seals. These parts are listed as 87-93 but I am pretty sure I have used these interchangeable with older foxbodies (it has been almost 30 years since I did it so the memory is not that good). Best bet would be find a foxbody at the wreckers and pick up these piece to test fit. If it works, you can buy new.

• Useful
Reactions: 3 users
Front windshield trim - older foxbody is chrome, newer 87-93 is black. I believe you can put the trim from newer models on your 79.

Second pic shows 87-93 tail lights already. To fit right and seal, you would need to change the metal tail light panel as the openings for wiring and light bulbs are different. If the picture is your car and lights bolted on, you are all set. If lights are just sitting there, you can see this yourself, just look at the tail light seals and the opening in the metal. 83-93 use the same tail light panel openings, 79-82 are the same.

Third pic, you are looking for Outer Door Belt Mouldings

1644066841608.png

Image from LMR

The upper two are the outer trim pieces, the bottom two are the felt/rubber window seals. These parts are listed as 87-93 but I am pretty sure I have used these interchangeable with older foxbodies (it has been almost 30 years since I did it so the memory is not that good). Best bet would be find a foxbody at the wreckers and pick up these piece to test fit. If it works, you can buy new.
Thank you so freaking much man i appreciate it a ton. I have one other question , so i have bought the chrome trim for the front and back on offer up. The front window top trim piece doesnt seem to fit flush like i'd have to bend the metal trim to get it to fit in. The side pieces for the front window seemed fine though