Build Help.

So which route and whom should I go with? So heres the scenario and my ideas. Recently purchased a home after saving 30k to put as a down payment. I was fortunate enough to get an fha loan on the house meaning I only need to invest 8k into my house. Long story short I have a good bit of play money and wanna build my car correctly. Atm I'm looking at short blocks from dss racing and or modmax racing. I'm pretty much wanting what any other 2v gt owner needs the whole forged bottom end. I don't wanna do anything crazy I want reasonable, driveable, and reliable. As of now I got 100k on the original motor, its got all the basic bolt on's minus headers and u/d pullies and transmission is ok for now.

Goals with the car, just occasional track use maybe 5/6 times a year. looking for low 12's on a drag radial I wanna avoid slicks and 4/5k launches. I'm guessin that can be obtained if I can make 400/450ish horsepower. I'm sure ill need a power adder I was leaning toward the nitrous route like a zex wet kit maybe dumping a 125/150 shot in it. I'd like a little expansion as well later down the line in case I'm not satisfied with 400/450 hp whichever I get close. Expansion meaning maybe throw a trickflow top end kit on the motor later down the road or run a different cam.

Anyways I guess what I'm asking is to school me which is gonna be the best and most viable route. Budget I'm not to worried about but I'd expect to spend around 5/6k? This is my first build that I'm actually getting into with more than just bolt ons I just wanna do it right, Which I'm sure the first mistake is staying with the 2v :p.

Thanks in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

You can reach that goal with just a blower. 12s on drag radials is within reach on a stock motor. Dont really need a forged bottom end kit. I'm making around that or a little less.

I wouldnt put money into a forged bottom end in the hopes of doing a top end kit down the road. If its in your head build a dream motor, you may want to do it all at once and get it over with. Just cant see buying half the dream now and half later. Seems like a lot of work.

And there isnt a thing wrong with staying two valve. The trick flow heads have equalized 2v capability with that of the 4v.

personally my dream motor is a mmr built frpp modular boss block stroked to 5.3, all forged w/ valve reliefs in pistons (8.8 to 1 cr), trickflow 2v heads (r series) gasket matched to my kb lower manifold (which will have been gasket matched ported and polished), a set of custom ground cams specific to my blower and tf heads, lt's, custom sheet metal inlet for my kb w/ large oval throttle body, cobra jlt ram air cai, 10% overdrive pulley, thimble for blower pulley, and some 80lb injectors....

at that point the tranny needs to be replaced so....
viper spec t-56 swap (d&d transmissions), twin disc mcleod clutch, mcleod hydraulic conversion

at that point the rear end needs beefed up so...
detroit locker, moser 31 spline axles, and ill keep my 3.73's

gotta feed it...
not sure which option i want to go with on the fuel system...
either a sumped mmr tank kit, or a fuel cell... not sure which...

gotta make it stick...
drag radials, adjustable lca's / uca's

gotta make it safe
roll cage

and since ive spent THAT much $.... might as well
coil over kit in the front

and...
among the rest of the little things.... some dice for my rear view

Probably not going to happen until i retire from the Air Force, and get an additional job along with my retirement pay, and the wife is working as a nurse again... but hey, I can always dream right.

:stupid:

Man you guys beat me to it... Keep the money in the bank for when something breaks on the house. As soon as you have no monies, you'll find out you have termites, or that you need a new front door.. (Which is more expensive then you think if you have a door with side lites...)

Ask me how I know.

If you feel compelled to do something with the car, buy a Vortech or Procharger kit, slap it on a call it a day. 100k on the engine is nothing as long as it's been maintained. Then you're only out $4-$5k and still have money in the bank.

Any intercooled blower will get you into the 12s on drag radials. I ran 12.5s @ 110 mph on 7 pounds of NON-intercooled boost on NPI heads, stock gears, and stock converter (auto transmission). It should run low 12s considering you've got PI heads and a manual, but it's gonna take a bit more driving. Throw in a safe dyno tune on top of it, and you'll have no problems with it.

Or, do the same thing with a 125 shot. It's really whatever floats your boat.