Build question/timeslips question

302GTS

If you need herpes, I'm your man!
Apr 20, 2009
Largo, FL
I'm still deciding on where I want to go with my 95 GTS, and was wondering if anyone had any input on dyno numbers vs. timeslips.

I'd really like the break into the 12's, and was wondering, on average, what kind of power it takes to get there? I live in Florida, so altitude isn't a factor. I was thinking maybe around 350rwhp could get there?

I also know that the driver mod DEFINITELY would make a huge difference obviously, so I'm just asking about average times. I know Grady puts down close to 300whp or so, so this goes to him - Do you have any timeslips? :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

Hello Jeff

You COULD go 12's with less than 300 rwhp :)

The thing about using 1/4 mile stats to measure performance is ........

Driver skill has so VERY much to do with the outcome :Word:

Also ... Setup on the car ... NOT MOTOR ... makes a bunch of diff as well

To go the quickest on the least amount of hp ...........
You just gotta produce a good 60 foot ;)

Using a very sticky tire such as slicks or dr's is one of the main things
when talking about obtaining a low et

With minimum mods or minimum cash outlay a stick trans will give you
more of a fighting chance to reach your goal

No ... I've not taken my Stang to the track

Look at some of Paul's old posts to see ....
how he did it with less than 300 to the wheels

Grady

Appreciate the response, Grady. I agree 100% about the 60' times being of such importance. Luckily, my first time at the track, by the end of the day on street tires I was able to pull 1.8-1.9 short times repeatedly. That's just street tires, and a bone stock 5.0. I think I'm just not going to worry about what I'll run, honestly. Build my motor to where I'm happy with it, make it a reliable DD, then work out the suspension kinks and run it down the strip when all's said and done. :nice:

Appreciate the response, Grady. I agree 100% about the 60' times being of such importance. Luckily, my first time at the track, by the end of the day on street tires I was able to pull 1.8-1.9 short times repeatedly. That's just street tires, and a bone stock 5.0. I think I'm just not going to worry about what I'll run, honestly. Build my motor to where I'm happy with it, make it a reliable DD, then work out the suspension kinks and run it down the strip when all's said and done. :nice:

This is a good plan, IMO. There will always be someone with more money and more power. My car does pretty well for itself, I think, those numbers were with shorties, and ~265 hp. Drive the wheels off it and you can make most anything quick or fast. lol

Scott

Scott, those times are great for only around 265hp! :nice: I'm definitely a big fan of the driver mod, and how much it really helps. I think I'll start doing upgrades here and there, and just be happy when it's a satisfying SOTP feeling. :D