Built 302 Roller LB (93-95 Cobra SB, AFR Heads, Lunati Cam, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 302 Longblock for sale. Currently it is located in Winder, GA (not too far north of Atlanta). This engine is beautiful and makes a lot of streetable horsepower. The build-up follows the same exact build-up as done by Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords when they built an 85 engine to these specs. Mine however has a 93-95 Cobra shortblock. This engine combination will bring atleast 320 REAR WHEEL HP! (Roughly about 360-370 hp to the flywheel?)
I originally bought the engine from Downs Ford in NJ brand new. This motor started out with a 93-95 Cobra roller shortblock, stock 93-95 Cobra cam, GT40X Aluminum heads, 1.7 Cobra roller rockers, and a timing chain. I originally purchased this shortblock for $3100 about 8 years ago. This setup produced 320 horsepower and propelled my stock suspension 85 Mustang to a 12.93@105 mph with a drag radial. I only drove the car on nice days. I put 14,000 miles on the engine and decided I wanted more power so I sold the GT40X heads and gave away the Cobra cam and built what you see in the pics which is what i have for sale now...

- Currently how the engine sits (same shortblock) - I WILL NOT PART OUT THE MOTOR and will ignore any requests to part it. Selling the entire longblock for $2900 FIRM! Please also note that the Edelbrock intake and headers shown are not included. I will sell the longtube BBK headers(USED) with the motor for an EVEN $3000 (Paid $400 for the headers when new)
- I've spent at about $3000 just for the heads, cam, rockers, pan, and the rest of the new parts alone. This doesn't include the labor to have the engine assembled plus the shortblock!!!
- The shortblock inspection and engine assembly was performed by John Scatterday at Scatts Automotive in Winder, GA. John is an ASE certfied tech with years of experience working at a Ford dealership as a tech but also building numerous Ford V8 high performance engines. John also has experience racing competitively with one of his 2 Mustangs back in the day. There's no junk here, I spared no expense in putting this longlbock together.

- 93-95 Cobra Shortblock (has only 14,000 miles on it currently)
- Lunati Lunati .525 lift with a split duration of 276 in./284 ex. (NEW - no miles, have paper work and cam card)
- AFR 165 Competition - 58cc aluminum heads (NEW - no miles) Competition 165 heads have 7/16" studs, heavier duty springs, and more aggressive porting done by Tony at AFR. I personally spoke with Tony at AFR and purchased these heads direct from AFR
- ARP Head Bolt Kit (NEW - No miles)
- ARP Polished Engine Bolt and hardware kit (NEW - No miles)
- Scorpion 1.6 Ratio roller rockers (NEW - No miles) - Purchased these new through AFR
- Canton 7 qt. Sump Pan with scraper(NEW - no miles)
- Oil pickup and screen (NEW - No miles)
- Milodon Hi Volume Oil Pump (NEW - No miles)
- Polished Holley Hi Volume Fuel Pump (NEW - No miles)
- Ford Motorsports Double Roller Timing Chain (NEW - No miles)
- Polished Cast Aluminum Tall Ford Valve Covers

Here are some links to pics of the engine and how it looks today:

View Gallery - FQuick.com

Motor shown here before the pan was installed:

Lunati Cam - Lunati .525 lift with a split duration of 276 in./284 ex.

Here's the engine with the valve covers off:

Here's the heads and rockers after the brown UPS truck left my house...

Much bigger ports than the base AFR 165 heads

If you have any questions feel free to call 678-205-7538 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 678-205-7538 end_of_the_skype_highlighting or email me.

Thanks - John

• Sponsors (?)

Status
Not open for further replies.