Buying a 1999 GT Special Edition

Black GT

Sep 8, 2018
Jacksonville, Florida
Monday I a buying what I think is a 99 mustang gt 35th anniversary limited edition. The car has all the signs of being a real LE. It has the right wheels, aluminum shift knob, flat black in the center of the hood, different rocker moldings, honey comb panel between the taillights, black and silver seats and door panels and a pair of never used embrodered 35th anniversary floor mats. The vin # is 1fafp45x0xf233442. The car is a 5 speed black convertible. If anyone has a way of checking the cars authenticity please let me know. I am new to mustangs but have been wanting a gt for quite some time. Finally found one at what I think is a good price. Looking forward to learning lots from all the knowledge here and meeting great people.

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

Thanks. I got in touch with him soon after I made the original post. The car was a real limited edition and was very close in production to his. This car was #4549 and his is #4543. I ended up not getting the car. The lady who had it and I could not come to an agreement on price. The car was well worth her asking price but I would have had to have the car shipped 400 miles to my house which would have cost me a good bit. Actually I guess it was more like me and the shipping company could not come to a price agreement. I ended up buying a 2001 GT.