Buying a 95 gt need, please help

db=dave=06

Apr 13, 2006
Just sold my 98 v6 and iam now looking at a 95 gt and need some opinions on the price i should pay. The car has 50,000 miles with a prof blt 400hp 306c.i. engine with only 6000 miles on it. Heres a list of the mods.:gt-40 upper lower, svo.a4. race block, svo. forged alum pistons, alum crankshaft, c&l mass air meter, bbk 70mm throttle body, cranr cams 1:6 ratio alum rockers& lifters, b-series alum roller camshaft, edelbrock alum cly heads performer series, trick flow valve covers, arp studs and bolts, graphite head gaskets, tremec 3550 race transmisson, centerforce dual friction race clutch, svo alum flywheel, pro 5.0 throw shifter, alum drivshaft, 373 gears, eibach low springs, cobra r wheels, cobra rr hood, monster tach w/shift light, cobra r bumper, bbk shorty headers, bbk off road h pipe, flowmaster cat back exhaust, msd ignition, accel 300 race plug wires, msd pro billet distributer, optima battery. I am kinda new to all this and would very much appreciate any help what so ever. Whats the most i should pay for this gt. The interior and exterior are in exellent condition.

• Sponsors (?)

first off there is now way that combo is making 400hp with that combo. it's probably more in the area of 280rwhp. so if he is telling you that it is making that kind of power then I'd say there is a good chance he is lying about the A4 block, I wouldn't be suprised if it's the stock short block(that is if he is lying about the power) Idk maybe he is just misinformed. but with that combo it would need a supercharger or nitrous to make that power.

It sounds like an excellent combo IF he is being 100% truthful, but there is no way it will make 400hp. It could definatly make 300+ to the wheels, and run 12's all day, but 400hp is out of the question w/o nitrous/blower.

380hp at the wheels is what he told me, he said he had it tested. so you think he full of it. Should i stay away. why do you think he is lying about the block. Sorry, iam pretty new to this

well if he is lying about the power who knows what else he could be lying about.

where do you live and what is he asking for it?

I'm sure if there is someone who is knowledgable on here and lives near you they wouldn't mind checking the car out for you but Idk. do you have a link you can post to a for sale ad for the car? so we can check it out for you?

Scott_95GT said:
It sounds like an excellent combo IF he is being 100% truthful, but there is no way it will make 400hp. It could definatly make 300+ to the wheels, and run 12's all day, but 400hp is out of the question w/o nitrous/blower.

All that work and still only 300hp!! man I Don't think all be moding the s*** out mine. These 5oh's sound so bad ass, like they got ton's of power but they don't! makes me depressed :nonono: Good luck on it.

All that work and still only 300hp!! man I Don't think all be moding the s*** out mine. These 5oh's sound so bad ass, like they got ton's of power but they don't! makes me depressed

Are you ****ing kidding me? "Only" 300 RWHP?

A basic 306 is a stock displacement sized engine, and the parts he listed make it very mild. That said, if he's spinning the rollers at 300 RWHP he's making 340-350 at the fly- seems pretty impressive to me for a mild 5.0L engine with stock displacement and no power adder.

A similar engine can take a 94-95 Mustang deep into the 12s as it is. Adding a power adder can take it into the 11s or even 10s.

Not bad for a platform as old and as cheaply bought into as ours...

db=dave=06 said:
380hp at the wheels is what he told me, he said he had it tested. so you think he full of it. Should i stay away. why do you think he is lying about the block. Sorry, iam pretty new to this

380hp @the wheels, like said earlier (NO way) a SVO block is a good chunck of change. A stock block that he had bored out is a ton cheaper. And NO way near as strong! Should you stay away???? depends on how much he is asking? If he told you 380rwhp he WILL have a dyno sheet to prove it! I have every dyno sheet that was ever done on my Cobra.....as will he!

215what said:
All that work and still only 300hp!! man I Don't think all be moding the s*** out mine. These 5oh's sound so bad ass, like they got ton's of power but they don't! makes me depressed :nonono: Good luck on it.

Dude thats good power. Like swarzkopf said, thats more like 350 flywheel, on pretty normal aftermarket parts w/only 306ci's. A 5.0 with 300 n/a rwhp and 3:73/4:10's will run in the 12's all day on pump gas, and can be driven daily.

I don't want to affend you, but have you ever driven or been in a strong H/C/I 5.0 before? They are VERY quick. We always throw around et's on here (13's, 12's, 11's, ect.) like it's no big deal. A high/mid 12-second-car is VERY fast.

The fact that you can buy a good running 19-year-old fox body, add full exhaust and gears and be in the 13's is insane.

db=dave=06 said:
Just sold my 98 v6 and iam now looking at a 95 gt and need some opinions on the price i should pay. The car has 50,000 miles with a prof blt 400hp 306c.i. engine with only 6000 miles on it. Heres a list of the mods.:gt-40 upper lower, svo.a4. race block, svo. forged alum pistons, alum crankshaft, c&l mass air meter, bbk 70mm throttle body, cranr cams 1:6 ratio alum rockers& lifters, b-series alum roller camshaft, edelbrock alum cly heads performer series, trick flow valve covers, arp studs and bolts, graphite head gaskets, tremec 3550 race transmisson, centerforce dual friction race clutch, svo alum flywheel, pro 5.0 throw shifter, alum drivshaft, 373 gears, eibach low springs, cobra r wheels, cobra rr hood, monster tach w/shift light, cobra r bumper, bbk shorty headers, bbk off road h pipe, flowmaster cat back exhaust, msd ignition, accel 300 race plug wires, msd pro billet distributer, optima battery. I am kinda new to all this and would very much appreciate any help what so ever. Whats the most i should pay for this gt. The interior and exterior are in exellent condition.

What size injectors are in it? It's doubtful he put an A4 block there with those mods. I'm thinking that this car has had a power adder on it before and he took the kit off to sell it. Look at the mods, new block, forged internals... to run NA at the advertised 400 HP? That is a silly waste of money. The stock internals can handle 400rw, which this guy can't be making anyway.

Sounds fishy to me.

215 what... peak horsepower means CRAP. You gotta look at a dyno sheet and the power curves. If you peak at 300 pounds of torque BUT you're over 280 from 2000 to 6200 RPMs, that is one fast car!

Area under the curve is a better indicator of fast then how high the curve gets.

Otherwise you are just racing dynos.

Adam