Buying a 95 gt with mods, need help

db=dave=06

Apr 13, 2006
Just sold my 98 v6 and iam now looking at a 95 gt and need some opinions on the price i should pay. The car has 50,000 miles with a prof blt 400 hp 306c.i. engine with only 6,000 miles. Heres a list of mods: svo.a4.race block, svo forged alum pistons, alum crankshaft, c&l mass air meter, gt40 upper lower intake, bbk 70mm throttle body, crane cams 1:6 ratio alum rockers&lifters, b-series alum roller camshaft, edelbrock alum cly heads performer series, trickflow valve covers, arp bolts and fastners, graphite head gaskets, tremec 3550 race tranmisson, centerforce dual friction race clucth, svo alum flywheel, pro 5.0 throw shifter, alum driveshaft, 373 gears, eibach low springs, cobra r wheels, cobra rr hood, monster tach w/shift light, cobra r bumper, bbk shorty headers, bbk off road h pipes, flowmaster cat back exhaust, msd ignition, accel300 race plug wires, msd pro billet distributer. Iam kinda new to all this and would very much appreciate any help what so ever. Whats the most i should pay for this gt. The interior and exterior are in exellent condition.

• Sponsors (?)

welcome!

how sure are you of the engine specs? have you seen a build sheet and a dyno printout?

sounds like a stout setup ... what is he asking for it?

400 hp for a naturally aspirated 306 is not easily achieved. is there a blower somewhere in that list?

50k miles is low for a 95, and 6k on the engine is also low. those things would increase the value, if you know them to be true.

wtf: I just made a post but I guess i forgot to hit the post button.
well here it is for the second time...

there is no way the car is making 400hp with that combo. that combo would be good for about 280rwhp. like said above the only way that combo would be making 400hp is if it has a power adder. with that said if the guy is lying about the power output he could be lying about the A4 block and other stuff as well. find out some more on the car. ask the guy if it is naturally aspirated or if it has a power adder and if he tells you its Naturally aspirated and making that power he is either lying or misinformed. and who knows what else he is lying/misinformed about.

btw: welcome to stangnet, its a good place to learn and a pretty good bunch of guys and gals.

wow- big list of good parts. hard to say what you should give for it. as a general rule tho, its almost always cheaper to buy a car already "done" rather than to build one. however, if you dont know where the work was done or if it didnt come from a reputable person/place.....use caution.

im having a 306 done myself for my 95. the person doing this is a HIGHLY trusted, very reputable mechanic. that fact alone eases my mind but its getting pricey....just for a 306 (parts wise).

something else- receipts are always good. he have any?

10k...sounds pretty reasonable for the parts and the low mileage. make sure it doesnt have a rebuilt title, some people tend to leave that minor detail out.

400hp out of a NA 306 does sound a little opitimisitc. not saying it cant be done, it would just be a heck of a achievement. especially if thats rwhp.

still tho, even if the car makes 300 rwhp and has 50k miles and is that clean with receipts.....i guarantee he has well over 10k in it.

fiveoho said:
again, its like blackvert said:

400hp from 306 ci's naturally aspirated is not easily achieved

(sweet car btw blackvert...love the wheels)

and I'm going to say it is impossible with a B cam. I'd be damn impressed if it makes more than 300rwhp with that cam and intake.

with that said if the car does actually have all the mods listed and it was built right it is a pretty good deal just for the A4 block alone. I know I would feel much safer with that foundation once my turbo goes on!

the more info you can provide us with the more we can provide you with.:nice:

I just talked to him and he said it is naturally aspirated and he does have dyno sheets and receipts and he said he can get all info from guy who built engine. he said he is positive the rwhp is 379. Thanks for all the help!!!

fiveoho said:
again, its like blackvert said:

400hp from 306 ci's naturally aspirated is not easily achieved

(sweet car btw blackvert...love the wheels)
thanks!

i didn't want to raise the :bs: flag, but the more i think about it, the more fishy it gets. if he really had a 400 hp engine in there with only 6000 miles on it, the engine itself would be worth at least $7000, so $10000 for the car with that engine and everything else listed just doesn't add up.

for grins, ask him what size injectors it has.

let us know what you find out. hope it is all that he says it is and you should have fun in it. but I still don't see any way possible that it is making that kind of power with that cam and intake.

he was asking 12500 at first but i told him i only had 10, he said he couldnt aford car cause of medical problems and he needed money asap. He said if he had a choice he wouldn't even sell it.It has a b303 cam and 24lbs injectors. So what do you guys think, is it bs

db=dave=06 said:
he was asking 12500 at first but i told him i only had 10, he said he couldnt aford car cause of medical problems and he needed money asap. He said if he had a choice he wouldn't even sell it.It has a b303 cam and 24lbs injectors
24# injectors can't support 400hp. they are more typical of a 300hp setup. stock 94/95 cobras have 24# injectors.

maybe he meant 400hp to the crank? that would roughly come down to about 330-340 to the wheels. which is more believable. if it has the a4 block i say jump on it. with that motor all you need is a big blower or turbo and you will be set!

BlackVert said:
24# injectors can't support 400hp. they are more typical of a 300hp setup. stock 94/95 cobras have 24# injectors.

hes right...not near enough squirters for 379 rwhp

i didnt have any luck with that link to autotrader. gave me a server error.
care to post the link again?