Buying a new shortblock soon. Opinions on companies? DSS? CHP? Rick91GT? ..

A 351 based motor will have a stronger block with more power while using more street friendly parts. A 427 stroker should have no problem putting 400 horse out with a mild h/c/i. I'd think a stroker like that could probably make 300 easy on stock e7's.

• Sponsors (?)

90_Red_LX said:
A 351 based motor will have a stronger block with more power while using more street friendly parts. A 427 stroker should have no problem putting 400 horse out with a mild h/c/i. I'd think a stroker like that could probably make 300 easy on stock e7's.

I already have twisted wedge heads, cnc ported/polished out enough for a 408+.
just need a nice cam.

OK, ive priced out about everything needed for the swap. minus gaskets.. etc etc, which would be needed either way. and not sure if my march brackets will work with the 351 or not. so not pricing those yet either

anyways, heres what ive written up so far.

BBK shorty 351w swap headers, polished ceramic $319.88
BBK 2.5" H-pipe without converters $159.88
MSD Pro-billet distributor, EFI w/ steel gear $281.88
Trickflow lower intake manifold only, EFI, 351w $307.95
FMS aluminum crankshaft pulley spacer $28.88
Ford racing 351w swap, oil pan & pickup kit, 5.5 quart $131.88

Thats a grand total of $1,230.35!:owned:

Now, its a given with more power id probably need to replace other stuff either way.
190lph fuel pump probably need a 255..
24lb injectors.. probably should go bigger
mass air meters a given if you touch the injectors
i read the timing cover should fit. so im assuming my electric water pump will fit also.

Anyways...
is an added 61 cubic inches, and the added strength of a 351 over a 302, worth the added $1,200?
thats quite pricey. but nothing about these cars is cheap.:shrug:

now its on to trying to contact rick, and see what the difference in a 347 to a 408 runs price wise.

What would you guys do?

www.rnhperformance.com is my new site that was just launched, still making some changes and updates.

Feel free to contact me direct at [email protected] and give me a little more of an idea on your intentions. Street car, weekend warrior, race type set-up, auto or manual trans and if you know BUDGET. Then I can truly pick out the best combo for you. As far as the R302 they are still around, however I prefer the DART or World blocks as they take a little less machining and allow some other nice options and features.

I've been quite busy as of late so I have not been on the boards much, but you can always reach me at the e-mail or site above.

As always thanks for the support fellas :nice:

Rick 91GT said:
www.rnhperformance.com is my new site that was just launched, still making some changes and updates.

Feel free to contact me direct at [email protected] and give me a little more of an idea on your intentions. Street car, weekend warrior, race type set-up, auto or manual trans and if you know BUDGET. Then I can truly pick out the best combo for you. As far as the R302 they are still around, however I prefer the DART or World blocks as they take a little less machining and allow some other nice options and features.

I've been quite busy as of late so I have not been on the boards much, but you can always reach me at the e-mail or site above.

As always thanks for the support fellas :nice:

Rick is a great guy to deal with.....Thanks for everything rick