Buying mustang gt with diablo Tune

bigjock

Apr 28, 2009
Im trying to buy this 2000 mustang gt and the guys says it has a diablo tune with different injectors from previous owner (but he is not sure) and he does not have the tuner. How would i find out if it has a tune and different injectors? If i want to buy a tuner will it let me program it, even if it has one all ready?

• Sponsors (?)

Im trying to buy this 2000 mustang gt and the guys says it has a diablo tune with different injectors from previous owner (but he is not sure) and he does not have the tuner. How would i find out if it has a tune and different injectors? If i want to buy a tuner will it let me program it, even if it has one all ready?

There really is no definite way of telling whether or not the car has previously been tuned. It doesn't matter though, if you buy a new tuner you will be able to tune the car without any issues.

As far as the injectors are concerned, the only PRECISE way to know what you have is by running the part number on the injector itself. An easy way to tell is to look and see if the injectors are colored. Ford motorsport injectors are colored based on flow rate (ie. orange = 19lbs, pink = 21lbs, so on and so forth). Stock injectors for all 96-04 2V GT's are orange 19lb injectors. Aftermarket/non-Ford injectors are not color coded and therefor the part numbersneed to be ran.

Not trying to take over your post, but I have a diablo sport predator from my old 04. I swapped out tunes after it was wrecked. Will this work on my 00?

No. That tuner is married to the ecu in your 04 GT and will not work on anything other than that ecu. You will need to send the tuner into Diablo to have them unlock it. That costs around $150.

No. That tuner is married to the ecu in your 04 GT and will not work on anything other than that ecu. You will need to send the tuner into Diablo to have them unlock it. That costs around $150.[/quote]

that sucks, i figured if i put the stock yune back in the car then i could reuse the programmer. well guess it's cheaper than a new one.

So i can just buy a diablo tuner and it will work fine even if it actually has a tune already? It will basically overwrite it? I dont need to go to ford and have it reflash back to stock?

yes, most people that tune thier cars with any type of tuner remove the speed limiter, and yes a new tuner should just overwrite your existing tune and will have an option to return the car to the stock tune. That being said if you have new injectors or higher rate injectors in your car then you will want to fine out what they are and adjust your new tune accordingly. Personally i would just buy an sct from american muscle and what bama write you a tune for the injectors you have or else your fuel mileage will most likely suffer

So i can just buy a diablo tuner and it will work fine even if it actually has a tune already? It will basically overwrite it? I dont need to go to ford and have it reflash back to stock?

Returning the tune back to stock is not necessary when trying to load another tune.

If I'm not mistaken I remember my SCT saving the stock tune from my car the first time I used it. I know I remember putting a copy on my laptop before I copies the custom tunes over so he still would not have a stock tune put on.