Buying My First Mustang - Lots Of Questions

tlr3715

Jan 7, 2017
Hello everyone. I will most likely be buying a Mustang Ecoboost within the next 12 months once the negative equity on my current 370Z Nismo is paid down. This is the first time I am considering a Ford product as I usually switch between GM and Nissan products, but am really loving what Ford has done with the new Mustangs and understand the quality has improved quite a bit since I was in my youth.

I have a few questions and would greatly appreciate any insight.

I am considering either ordering a 2018 in the Fall or looking for deals on leftover 2017 models at that time. When does Ford typically release next model year information and when can customers begin to order the next model year?

I typically always get the most upgraded handling package I can get, but would now need my next car to be driven year round including in light snow. It looks like the Ecoboost performance package only comes with summer tires so am considering not getting it. Would like to know how the car handles without the performance package in terms of cornering/swiftness and brake stopping power/fade compared to one equipped with the package.

I will also need to drive this car in the summer heat with long heavy traffic commutes. My current Nismo has cooling problems, so would also like to know if the Mustang Ecoboost without the larger radiator in the performance package has overheating issues.

Thank you in advance for any info!

• Sponsors (?)

well I live in FL and Daily drive my 5.0 which is Supercharged, in 98 degree weather without any issues. I do have a Performance Pack but I don't believe it would make much difference. If you can I would try to budget for another set of wheels with some winter tires. The Pirellis do really well in the rain at least they are better than my drag radials LOL. Good luck with your search!

I daily drive my Ecoboost PP, but I only bought it in October and I live in Texas, so I'm not sure my experience will be yours...

I can't say that there's any consistency to when ford releases the new model year information. I know the info for the 2017 Mustangs was out pretty early, but if they make any mid-model updates in 2018 it may take longer.

I found out you can delete the shaker audio so I will replace that with the performance package if I wind up ordering one. I will just need to get all season tires for it. The 20" rims look great and come with all season tires but you can't get them with the performance package

I found out you can delete the shaker audio so I will replace that with the performance package if I wind up ordering one. I will just need to get all season tires for it. The 20" rims look great and come with all season tires but you can't get them with the performance package
I bought my 2017 GT/CS back in September and ABSOLUTELY LOVE it!! Haven't really had a chance to push it to its limits performance-wise, but except for some cowl shake due to it being a convertible, I believe it's going to stick to the road exceptionally well.