C-4 Guys need help case fill or pan fill? Bellhousing?

Getting ready to buy a C4 for a project 86 stang I'm playing with.
I have neve put a c4 in a fox so I have a couple questions.

The guy I'm buying the trany from sells both case and pan fill c4 trannys.
Witch do I need?

Also the trannys come with no bellhousing so ........
What bellhousing can I use?

Stock or must I buy a aftemaket unit?

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Pisgah, There are 2 different styles of C4 cases. The pan fill is considered the "heavy duty" style. They both, pan fill and case fill style, share almost all the same internal parts. The pan fill has one set of bolts holding the front pump in and a seperate set bolting the bell housing on. I have only seen them in the 164 tooth variety which is the same size as all AODs BTW. The case fill C4 has shared bolts holding the front pump and bell housing on. I have seen them with all 3 flywheel and bell setups, the oddball M2 {148 tooth I think}, 157 tooth and 164 tooth. I think the pan fills only came behind HD applications, such as trucks, SWs, Rancheros and/or 351M apps too. I'm not totally sure but I think the pan fills have larger servos and more clutch plates too. Jump in here anyone who knows for sure. Since the pan fill C4 shares flywheel size with AODs, fitting one in your Mustang is not a problem. I think JW transmissions makes a SFI approved "Superbell" {no shield or trans blanket required} for the big bell pan fill C4s. I have 4 of the pan fill C4s in my parts stash so I'm good to go when I get my '93 notch up and flying! :D I've also seen somewhere but I can't recall where, a pan fill dipstick and tube available aftermarket.
If you are only street/strippin' either C4 will do but if you make it just a stripper the pan fill may be a little better choice. The cases are beefier in the front pump area on the pan fills.