C&L Performance cold air/MAF/intake testing on '05 GT

Got wind that C&L Performance out of Huntsville was looking for an '05 test mule to use for their upcoming cold air / intake / MAF system. Basically the new system from C&L will replace everything from the throttle body forward. C&L needed a manual tranny car that was still bone stock. Luckily my buddy just traded his '03 HD-150 straight across for a brand new Mineral Grey premium edition GT a few weeks ago and he said he was interested. The car has approximately 1000 miles on it.

We have an all day appointment with the dyno today for the swap over & testing. As long as the folks at C&L give me the go ahead I'll post up plenty of high res pictures, before & after dyno graphs, & the resulting numbers for this new system once we get back.

They are expecting great things from this new set up and after talking with Mr. Lee Bender I can see why! Hopefully I'll have more to report this evening... :nice:

U.M.

• Sponsors (?)

Uncle Meat said:
Got wind that C&L Performance out of Huntsville was looking for an '05 test mule to use for their upcoming cold air / intake / MAF system. Basically the new system from C&L will replace everything from the throttle body forward. C&L needed a manual tranny car that was still bone stock. Luckily my buddy just traded his '03 HD-150 straight across for a brand new Mineral Grey premium edition GT a few weeks ago and he said he was interested. The car has approximately 1000 miles on it.

We have an all day appointment with the dyno today for the swap over & testing. As long as the folks at C&L give me the go ahead I'll post up plenty of high res pictures, before & after dyno graphs, & the resulting numbers for this new system once we get back.

They are expecting great things from this new set up and after talking with Mr. Lee Bender I can see why! Hopefully I'll have more to report this evening... :nice:

U.M.

Cool ! I'll keep an eye out for a fast Mineral Gray '05 GT ! If that falls through I know someone else in the area with a blue '05 GT that might be interested as well. :nice:

Uncle Meat said:
Complete TB to filter assembly. I'm getting the website together right now. Sorry for the delay...

U.M.

Let me make a correction here! There was a 19 RWHP / 19 RWTQ gain when using the INITIAL cooler stock dyno pull. If you look at the numbers when using the fully warmed up run the gains were actually 17 RWHP & 17 RWTQ. Still pretty damn good for just an intake mod!!!!

U.M.

Does the air filter remain in the air box, or is it an open element?

Is the piece cast aluminum? Does it incorporate a 'sample tube' like their other designs? Nice gains - Lee and co. will sell a bunch of these!

RandyB said:
Does the air filter remain in the air box, or is it an open element?
No, it will not use the stock airbox. The airfilter that comes with the kit is a huge open element style. I'm not exactly sure on the dimensions but it looked to be 8-10 inches long with a 4 in neck! Check with C&L for the exact dimensions. Lee Bender spent a couple hours fabricating from scratch a heat sheild template to block off the new filter from the engine heat. This will be part of the finished kit.
RandyB said:
Is the piece cast aluminum? Does it incorporate a 'sample tube' like their other designs? Nice gains - Lee and co. will sell a bunch of these!
Yes and Yes! I wish I could post the website up where I posted all the pictures and dyno graphs... I'm still waiting for the "Official" word from C&L to release the data. Should be no later than this evening though....

U.M.