Electrical Calling all wiring guys - absolute head scratcher

So now what? Pull the dash out and replace the harness. Put a factory processor back where it goes? Cluster fuchs are just that. I know because I have a 69 G code that has had extensive modification. Thank god there is only 17 wires in my main loom. You can probably still get a new harness. Otherwise marry your DVOM. Buy new old stock wire from the USA to repair your harness. Put the processor wherever you please. A lead lined box maybe

• Sponsors (?)

Splay the harness out. On a bench. You did not want to hear that. I have seen bad splices, battery acid damage, shorts melts induced voltage and the like. A good visual inspection is where you start. Pay particular attention to the processor connector for pushed out pins. You definitely have a short. Remove column pull dash (instrument panel) replace or repair harness 40 hours to start. I can have the dash out a Mustang in about 2 hours with taking smoke breaks. The harness on the other hand is arrrggghh real bad for about two days. I have never replaced one except for under warranty. A new harness front or rear is about 1800