• Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-

Cam Tools

  • Thread starter Thread starter JonStolo
  • Start date Start date Apr 21, 2010

JonStolo

New Member
Apr 10, 2010
20
0
1
Apr 21, 2010
#1
  • Apr 21, 2010
  • #1
I'm looking to borrow or rent the two cam tools.

303-1175 Locking tool, timing chain.
303-1039 Compressor, valve spring.

Please contact me if you can help me out, thanks.
 
T

TruBlu03

New Member
May 5, 2005
112
1
0
Whitesburg, GA
Apr 22, 2010
#2
  • Apr 22, 2010
  • #2
I still have the wedge. I would be willing to sell it, but would rather not bother with the hassle of renting it. PM me if you are interested.
 

'08GTcaRED

New Member
Apr 8, 2009
330
0
0
Victorville, CA
Apr 22, 2010
#3
  • Apr 22, 2010
  • #3
There are some in the classifieds as well...
 

JonStolo

New Member
Apr 10, 2010
20
0
1
Apr 23, 2010
#4
  • Apr 23, 2010
  • #4
Got them on the way, thanks.
 
I

IA_Chiefs_fan

New Member
Aug 10, 2006
19
0
1
Apr 27, 2010
#5
  • Apr 27, 2010
  • #5
Just in case anyone else needs the tools and stumbles across this thread, I do rent and sell both tools.
 

ViperNuge

New Member
Sep 26, 2009
197
0
0
Maui
Apr 28, 2010
#6
  • Apr 28, 2010
  • #6
I just ordered detroit rockers and am looking to rent the two tools. What are your terms etc..... Am looking to install in about 3 weeks. thx

patrick
 
I

IA_Chiefs_fan

New Member
Aug 10, 2006
19
0
1
Apr 28, 2010
#7
  • Apr 28, 2010
  • #7
Here's a link to my classified ad. http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/813624-3v-valve-spring-compressor-timing-chain-wedge.html
Let me know when you're ready and I'll get them right out.
Thanks!
 

JonStolo

New Member
Apr 10, 2010
20
0
1
May 5, 2010
#8
  • May 5, 2010
  • #8
For any of you doing your own cams in the future I've got the place for you to get your tools from. They were very friendly and the shipping was very fast. You can rent or buy from them. The best part about it was I suggested a new way to redesign the valve spring tool to make it easier for all us 3 valve boys and they created the thing in no time and now we can all benefit from it. You can check it out at the links below allong with all their other Ford specialty tools.

New Tool
Automotive Specialty Tools

Main Page
Freedom Racing Tool and Die LLC
 

JonStolo

New Member
Apr 10, 2010
20
0
1
May 13, 2010
#9
  • May 13, 2010
  • #9
View attachment 219479

View attachment 219480
 

JonStolo

New Member
Apr 10, 2010
20
0
1
May 28, 2010
#10
  • May 28, 2010
  • #10
For any of you looking to rent or buy a tool from Freedom Racing, if you used me as a reference with code "Jon514" you will get a discount.
 

Casey4s

New Member
Sep 1, 2007
147
0
0
Woodbridge, VA
May 28, 2010
#11
  • May 28, 2010
  • #11
JonStolo said:
For any of you looking to rent or buy a tool from Freedom Racing, if you used me as a reference with code "Jon514" you will get a discount.
Click to expand...

^^^ Thanks...

If I am just changing cams and not springs do I still need to rent the spring tool too.

Is there a link someplace far a "how to" for a cam change in a 3V?
 
I

IA_Chiefs_fan

New Member
Aug 10, 2006
19
0
1
May 28, 2010
#12
  • May 28, 2010
  • #12
Casey4s said:
^^^ Thanks...

If I am just changing cams and not springs do I still need to rent the spring tool too.

Is there a link someplace far a "how to" for a cam change in a 3V?
Click to expand...

Do you have to - NO.
Should you - YES. It isn't really worth taking a chance trying to do a workaround. Here's a link for you! FRPP Hot Rod Cams
The code Jon posted will save you 5%!
 

Casey4s

New Member
Sep 1, 2007
147
0
0
Woodbridge, VA
May 29, 2010
#13
  • May 29, 2010
  • #13
IA_Chiefs_fan said:
Do you have to - NO.
Should you - YES. It isn't really worth taking a chance trying to do a workaround. Here's a link for you! FRPP Hot Rod Cams
The code Jon posted will save you 5%!
Click to expand...

Thanks a bunch for the DIY link, that's just what I needed.

Hot Rod cams are my next upgrade I just wanted to see what was involved first. I will be renting these tools for sure, I just need a little extra cash for the cams.

(BTW, the last time I changed a camshaft was in 1971 (MoPar) and things are a heck of a lot different now.)
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

S
Looking for a high-res photo or scan of Rotunda EEC-IV Overlay #17 or #23
  • Smokinjoe 33
  • Jul 4, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
5
Views
220
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jul 21, 2026
Praetorious
P
S
Timing chain, guides and tensioner installation (Possible orientation in Intake Stroke)
  • StallionMax
  • Sep 21, 2025
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
2
Views
451
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Sep 24, 2025
StallionMax
S
B
Where to go from here on my build…
  • B0udreaux
  • Jul 14, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
8
Views
356
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jul 18, 2026
AeroCoupe
L
2000 Mustang PATS - Broken Key and Wire - HELP!
  • Laree Taylor
  • May 7, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
10
Views
312
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- May 12, 2026
manicmechanic007
X
Free VE Table Corrections — Drop Your MSQ and a Datalog, I'll Do the Rest
  • X-cam34
  • Apr 12, 2026
  • Digital Self-tuning Forum
  • 2 3
Replies
49
Views
2K
Digital Self-tuning Forum Aug 26, 2026
X-cam34
X
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?