came across something?

Eon_Anadlas

Jan 22, 2004
I was removing all the panels for paint on my '69 sportsroof and when i removed the side scoops in the upper rear quarters i noticed that there was a hole that opened straight into the interior. Has anyone ever tried to cut out the inside of the scoop and fab up a vent like the upper vents on the 65-68 fastbacks...just curious cause i don't have a/c so all the air i can get in the better...?

• Sponsors (?)

Hey Noe. I take it you bought a new car.

do you still have the 67?

I have no idea about the vents. I would think that alot of dirt and water would be able to get inbetween the body panels.

nope...i've had this '69 sportsroof for about a year but then i stupidly bought an 04 for something more reliable and just got ahead on my payments so now i'm focusing on my '69...i just dissasembled literally everything and the shell is ready to paint, but when i looked closer i realized too that there would be nowhere for water to go but in between the panels..

Are they louvers facing back or scoops facing forward? If they are louvers you shouldn't have a water problem, and they would work better for getting the heat out also. You need to create air flow so if they suck the air out the back they would probubly work pretty good.